part five.

Y/n's POV

I woke up very early. So early, that Camila walked out of her room the same time I did. "What a surprise." She laughed as we walked into the kitchen.

I grimaced as I noticed a weird smell. "What's that smell?" I asked I looked over and saw a small pile of poop on the floor.

"Toulouse." I groaned as I grabbed a paper towel.

Camila laughed at me as I picked up the shit with a paper and flushed it down the toilet. I cleaned up the spot a little more before going back to Toulouse who was sniffing around the living room. I sat down on the couch and Camila sat next to me with a bowl of cereal in her hands. I watched as Toulouse traveled back and forth, just sniffing around.

"What are you doing?" I asked Toulouse as I laughed.

As if he understood my question, he looked at me, lifted his leg, and peed right on the floor. The smile was wiped away from my face. I groaned again as Camila laughed even harder than before.

Note to self: walk the fucking dog

"I think I love this dog." Camila chuckled as I got up.

I sighed as I went back to the kitchen to grab the cleaning supplies. When I returned, he was still peeing. How big is his bladder?

When he finally finished his business, I cleaned it up and threw everything in the trash. I sighed as I went over to the sink to wash my hands as Camila began getting ready for work.

As she was about to leave, she turned around to face me. "Hey, I get out of work early today, so maybe we can do something after."

"Yea." I nodded with a smile. "Sounds fun."

She nodded before leaving and closing the door behind her. I dried my hands off with a towel and walked back into the living room.  I looked over to Toulouse, who was staring back up at me.

"You know I gotta give you back to your owner, right?" I sat on the couch. "Who am I kidding? You probably miss them as much as they miss you." He followed me and hopped on my lap.

I let him lay down on my lap for a few minutes before standing up and settling him on the couch. I told him to sit as I pulled my phone out and took a picture of him.

"You're so handsome, yes you are." I cooed as if I was talking to a baby.

I imported the pictures to my laptop so I could make posters for Toulouse so I can find his owner. I printed out many copies and put them into my book bag.

"Okay Toulouse, time for a walk." I said as I approached him.

He seemed to understand what I said, since he immediately jumped off of the couch and ran to me, wagging his tail excitedly.

I realized I didn't even have a leash for him. I picked Toulouse up and walked out the door. I walked to a nearby store, hoping that they had some sort of leash that I can use for the time being. I found one and purchased it before I put it on Toulouse.

I walked him around for a bit, letting him sniff around and do his business. After a few minutes, I grabbed the papers out of my book bag so that I could start putting them up on trees and posts and hopefully get Toulouse back to his home.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I fished it out of my pocket and saw that Camila was calling me. I answered with a smile. "Hey."

"Hey," She answered back. "So change of plans. A few friends are going out for a drink and they invited me to go too. I think I'm gonna go with them, is that okay?"

I loved that Camila cared about me and my feelings, but I knew that even though I was Camila's best friend, I wasn't her only friend. It would be wrong of me to not allow her to hang out with other people.

So, although I was bummed out that I wasn't gonna spend time with Camila, I nodded. "Yea, of course." I looked down at Toulouse. "Toulouse has been really good company."

"I bet he is." She laughed. "I'll probably get home late, so don't wait up, okay? I love you, bye."

I said my goodbyes before she ended the call. I looked down at Toulouse and looked back at the fliers that were in my hand. I put the fliers away in my book bag. I'll set up them up tomorrow.

Toulouse's owner could wait another day.