part six.

Y/n's POV

I plopped down on the couch and Camila did the same right next to me. We spent the whole day putting fliers up for Toulouse. Although I wanted to keep him all to myself, I knew it was the right thing to do.

I laughed at Toulouse who was sitting on the balcony, howling as an ambulance siren was heard in the distance. I stood up and went to the balcony, jokingly howling along with him. I pet his head and enjoyed my time with him.

I know that I've only had Toulouse for three days, but in all honesty, it was nice not being alone all day. I liked how I could always talk to Toulouse, even though he wouldn't respond. I liked how I didn't sleep alone in an empty bed. For a small dog, Toulouse takes up a lot of space and forced me to sleep on the edge sometimes. I'm not complaining because at least I wasn't alone.

I was taken out of my thoughts when my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that it was an unknown number. I clicked the green button and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Hi, my names Raphael. I saw some of the fliers around New York about my lost dog. I'm so happy you found Toulouse!" A male voice said through the phone.

I knew it must've been the owner, since I didn't put Toulouse's name on the flier. I frowned slightly as I stood up from my seat. "Yeah, I've got him. Im assuming your want him back. Is there any time you would like to meet?"

"I'm free right now if you are." He answered.

We spoke on the phone for a few minutes as he told me he would be waiting for me at a small cafe that was near my house. After we hung up, I grabbed Toulouse's leash and collar.

"Alright Toulouse," I bent down to his level and began putting his collar on him. "It's time. I'm gonna miss you, bud."

He licked my hand as I clicked his collar. I stood up and grabbed my sweater that was on the couch. "Wait!" Camila yelled as she ran towards us. "You have to let me say goodbye."

She took Toulouse and gave him a kiss on the head while giving him words of encouragement as he embarked on his journey to go back to his rightful owner. I laughed at Camila as she gave him one last kiss on the head and stood up. As I was about to leave the house, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was a different unknown number.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello, you found my dog and I'm wondering if you could please give him back. His name is Toulouse and I've been looking for him everywhere!" The woman on the phone said.

"Oh! Are you with Raphael? He already called me." I told the woman.

"Who?" She asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Um, never mind. I'll call you back." I told the woman before hanging up.

"Who was that?" Camila asked.

I shrugged.

I was about to click Raphael's number to ask him about the woman when another unknown number called me. "What the fuck?" I mumbled and answered the call.

"Hi, I lost my dog a few days ago and I saw the fliers about Toulouse all around. Is this the right number?"

I immediately hung up the phone. I was so confused.

"What the fuck is going on?" Camila asked as she picked Toulouse up and pet his head.

Why did so many people call about Toulouse? How many owners did he have? Obviously, I wasn't going to bring him to Raphael anymore. I wasn't sure who was telling the truth. I grabbed my phone and searched up 'Toulouse' in the search bar. When pictures of a city in France popped up, I rolled my eyes. I have to be more specific. I typed 'Toulouse Dog' in the search bar hoping something would pop up.

The first few things that popped up on my screen was Toulouse, who was currently sitting on my couch, with Ariana Grande. I looked over to him with my mouth agape in surprise. I had a celebrity's dog living with me for three days. How did he get lost?

I showed Camila my phone and she began freaking out. Apparently Camila was a huge fan and could not believe she did not put two and two together and realize that the Toulouse that was living in our house, was the same Toulouse that lived with Ariana Grande.

I immediately opened the instagram app in my phone and tried to DM her. I typed out a message for her explaining that I found Toulouse and that we could arrange something for her to get him back. I also made a twitter account and sent her the same message. After realizing she probably will not read my messages because she probably gets a million a day, I decided I needed an email or something.

I tried searching for an email online, but I couldn't find one. After paying $10, I finally found an email that I could reach her with. I hoped that she would read it soon. I clicked through her Instagram stories and I could tell that she loved Toulouse very much.

Although I also loved Toulouse, I knew that I needed to get him back to Ariana as soon as possible.