part eight.

Y/n's POV

"Do you have everything?" Camila asked me as she checked her own bag as well.

To make a very long story short, Ariana called me asking for Toulouse and being the idiot I am, I offered to fly out to LA at 7 in the morning so I could return Toulouse to her. I just felt bed because she sounded upset on the phone, so I figured it was because of Toulouse. I invited Camila to come along with me. After calling her job and asking for a few days off, she agreed.

Also, I decided that since I was going to LA, I could visit my parents. I haven't seen them in a while, so this was the perfect opportunity to go. I called them and let them know that Camila and I would be visiting them later today, and they were more than happy to have us over.

We made our way to the airport along with Toulouse and in a matter of a few hours, we were on the plane. Not surprisingly, Toulouse was very well behaved on the plane. I'm assuming he flies more often than me. He stayed in a little carrier that was under my seat. Occasionally, I would slip in one or two treats. After the nearly 7 hour long flight, Camila and I landed in LAX. Once we were off of the plane, I took Toulouse out of the carrier and let him stretch his legs after the long flight. We made our way out and I rented a car so that Camila and I could go where we wanted.

Ariana sent me the address of where she was staying and with Camila's help, I was able to find the way there. There was a gate surrounding the whole house. After sending Ariana a quick text, the gate opened and I was able to drive through. I drove further up before I parked the car. I looked at Toulouse who was sitting on Camila's lap and frowned a little bit. This would be the last time I'd see him. I grabbed the bag of his toys and leashes that I had bought him when he was with us in New York. I didn't need them anymore, so I decided to give them to Ariana so that Toulouse could keep them.

Toulouse seemed to know where he was, because the second he stepped out of the car, he began pulling at the leash towards the house. His tail was wagging and he was barking nonstop. I laughed as I let him pull me to the front door. Before I even rang the doorbell, the door opened and Ariana came out. She saw Toulouse and immediately bent down. I let his leash go and laughed as he ran into Ariana's arms.

After a few moments, Ariana stood up and looked at me before pulling me into a hug. It caught me off guard, since I did not expect her to hug someone she barely knows, but I wrapped my arms around her as well.

"Thank you so much!" She spoke into my shoulder since she was a bit shorter than me.

I nodded as she pulled away. I was a little nervous talking to her and I didn't really know what to say. I didn't say anything and it was beginning to get a little awkward. My cheeks turned red in embarrassment and Ariana just smiled at me.

I looked down at the bag that was in my hand and held it out to her. "This was some of the stuff we got him. I don't really need it anymore, so Toulouse can keep it."

"I'll make sure these get to him." She took the bag from me and smiled kindly. "Seriously, y/n thank you for helping him and keeping him company the whole time. I can't thank you enough."

"Are you kidding?" I laughed. "If anything, he was keeping me company. It's gonna be weird not seeing him anymore."

As if he knew we were talking about him, Toulouse came to the door with his tail wagging.

"I guess I should say goodbye." I glanced over to Ariana before bending down to pet Toulouse. I didn't want to seem as if I was intruding, and I bet that Ariana wanted me to leave already.

She laughed. "This won't be the last time you see him. I'll make sure of it."

I stood up and smiled. "It was nice meeting you, but I should go now. Bye Ariana, bye Toulouse."

I pet his head for the last time.

"You too." She picked Toulouse up before taking his paw and waving. "Bye." She smiled as I walked towards my car.

As I stepped into the car, Camila frowned. "I'm gonna miss him."

"Me too." I exited through the gate and drove towards my parents house, which wasn't too far away.

When we got there, Camila immediately ran to the door, leaving me to carry out bags. It's like my parents love her more than they love me. I struggled with the bags as my parents didn't even bat an eye at me. They were too busy hugging Camila.

I playfully rolled my eyes as I dropped the bags right beside them. "Hello? Your actual daughter is here."

They hugged me and I felt something on my leg. I looked down to see my dog tugging at my pants. "Hey Bro!" I bent down to pet his head.

My parents decided to finally get me a dog on my twelfth birthday. They got me a golden retriever and for some reason, my twelve year old ass decided to name him 'Bro'.

I thought it sounded cool.

My parents invited us inside and we all ate and played board games. It was nice seeing them again. I should come visit more often.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This chapter is not at all how I wanted to be😭 but no matter how many times I rewrote it, it just got worse. I'm just posting this version to get it over with.