part twenty one.

Ariana's POV

Waking up, I was a little bit confused to see that I wasn't in my room until I remembered that I slept over Y/n's house. Usually, it's me having other people sleep over, but I enjoyed having it the other way around. I heard a voice coming from outside of the room, so I knew y/n was awake. I quickly freshened up, but I stayed in my pajamas.

As I made my way towards y/n's voice, I caught a glimpse of outside through one of the windows. Excitement bubbled in my stomach and I ran to where y/n was.

"Y/n, it's snowing! Look outsi-" I quickly covered my mouth when I saw that y/n was on the phone. "Sorry." I mouthed as she laughed quietly so I would not interrupt the phone call.
I sat across from her as she replied with, "It's okay."

She was also in her pajamas and she ran her fingers through her hair. She appeared to be annoyed with whoever she was on the phone with.

"I'm trying to figure out how it's possible under any scenario that this business today is worth 20 million dollars." She huffed. "Mr. Bodium, it's impossible to negotiate with you when you won't listen to what I'm telling you. I'm sorry but I can't help you." She hung up the phone.

I raised my eyebrows at her and she smiled at me. "So what were you saying when you came screaming in here like a lunatic?"

"Look!" I grabbed her arm and pulled her over to a window. "It's snowing! Isn't it pretty?" I clasped my hands together and looked at her.

"Yeah." She said barely above a whisper as her eyes flickered from me to the snow outside. Her gaze stopped on me and I nervously smiled up at her. I looked away after a few seconds. She made me feel like my heart fell into my stomach and was just flopping around in there.

She took a deep breath in before making her way into the kitchen. "Do you think we'll still be able to go to a shelter?"

I smiled. "Most definitely. Let's go quick though before the snow gets any worse."

"Aye aye, captain!" She saluted before making her way to her room to change from her clothes.

I decided to do the same and went into the same bedroom from before. I made sure to make the bed that I had messed up from the night before. As I got ready, I tried to remember how I got to this bed in the first place since I'm pretty sure I fell asleep on the couch. I didn't get to think about it too much though since y/n knocked on my door asking if I was ready.

Instead of answering, I opened to door to be met with a smiling y/n. As soon as she saw me, she frowned.

"Whats wrong?" I asked her.

She walked away and I was a little bit confused until she came back with a jacket in her hands. "That's better." She said with a smiled after I successfully put it on.

After we had all the things we needed, we headed out to y/n's car. It was very cold inside y/n's car due to the cold weather, so I instantly turned on the heaters and maxed them out. The radio played on a low volume in the background as y/n drove very slowly due to the snow.

First, we stopped at a bakery to get stuff to eat since neither of us had eaten all morning. Y/n offered to go in since I just wanted to enjoy the day with her without getting noticed or ambushed by anyone. I love everyone who supports me, but there's certain days that I just want to keep to myself. After we had gotten our food, we drove to a pet store to buy the things we needed before adopting the dog. Once we bought all the necessary items, we began driving to the shelter. On the way there, I ate the food that y/n had bought and occasionally reached over to feed her while she drove.

"I hope it snows on Christmas." I smiled as I adored the snow outside of the warm car.

Y/n shrugged. "I don't really care whether it does or doesn't."

"Why are you such a Grinch?" I slapped her arm.

"Hey!" She laughed as she rubbed her arm. "I'm not a grinch! If anything, im the opposite. I will still have Christmas spirit regardless of whether there is snow or not."

"Whatever." I playfully rolled my eyes.

The closer we got to the shelter, the more excited I got. When we were only a few minutes away, a familiar song began playing on the radio. I looked over to see y/n with a shocked expression on her face as she turned up the volume. "This girl sounds familiar, don't you think?" She asked.

I shook my head and shrugged. "Never heard of her." I said, causing her to laugh.

We both sang and danced along to it. Once the song ended, she turned down the volume and looked over to me. "If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you go on tour for the sweetener album?"

"I don't mind." I shrugged again. "Uhh, well I told the label that I had too many things going on and I wasn't in the right headspace to tour."

Y/n could tell something was off about my answer. "That's what you told them, but was it the real reason?"

"It was part of it." I told her truthfully. "If I'm being honest, most of the decision making was based off of Pete."

"Pete? What'd he have to do with anything?"  Y/n asked.

"We were engaged at the time and he didn't want to leave for tour with me, but he also didn't want me leaving him. We just argued about it a lot..." I sighed thinking back on it. "So I just didn't do it. I definitely wasn't in the right headspace to tour, but the reason I wasn't in the right headspace was because of Pete."

"But you wanted to?" She looked over to me for a second before turning to the road.

I nodded. "Yea, back then I did. I still do, but I don't know.... I feel like it's too late. I don't even know if the label would allow it."

"Too late?" She shook her head. "You know what? Fuck Pete and fuck the label. I think you should go on tour." I couldn't help the smile that grew on my face. Her words meant a lot to me and actually made me feel like I could actually do something for myself for once.

Knowing that I had at least one person backing me up made me feel better and made me feel like I could actually do it.

________________________________

What do you guys think the dog should be named? Comment and I'll choose the winner!!!