part twenty.

Y/n's POV

I shivered as I walked out on Arianas balcony. I didn't have to worry about being cold though, because as soon as I sat down on the couch next to Ariana, she threw a blanket over the both of us, keeping us safe from the cold nighttime air.

"It's getting cold." I mentally facepalmed myself for stating the obvious. Ariana nodded as she poured wine into our glasses. "Do you like summer or winter better?" I spoke more, trying to compensate for the nervousness I was feeling around her.

"Winter." She responded simply as she put the glass down.

"What?" I turned to look at her with a bewildered expression on my face. "Really? I'd expect you to like summer better, especially since you grew up in Florida."

"The reason I like winter better is exactly because I grew up in Florida." Ariana shrugged. "It was hot all the time. I guess I got tired of it. Plus, it's really pretty when is snows."

I playfully scoffed. "Yea, maybe the first few hours. Snow doesn't last long in New York, it turns into a disgusting black goo once everyone starts going out."

"You might be right," She moved closer to me since it was getting colder. "But Christmas is during the winter, and Christmas is the best holiday."

I nodded in agreement. "I almost forgot about Christmas. What are you getting for me?"

"That's a surprise." She laughed as she took another sip of her wine. "What about you?"

"I'm more of a spring type of person." I said causing her to laugh.

"What?" She looked at me quizzically. "That wasn't even an option."

"Well, what can I say? Rules were made to be broken." I joked.

"Hmm." She hummed as she took another sip of her wine. She swirled the drink in the glass and looked at me.

"What?" I asked as I shifted in my seat, feeling nervous under her gaze.

"Oh nothing." She said dramatically as she put her glass down. "I was just wondering."

"About what?" I stood up from my seat and walked toward the railing.

"About when you were gonna tell me you were a fucking billionaire."

I turned around to face her and leaned on the railing. "I'm not a billionaire, my dad is."

"Y/n." She stood up an made her way over to me.

I sighed with a shrug. "I didn't think it mattered."

"It doesn't." She spoke softly as she pulled me into a hug. "I'm just glad I know that know."

She leaned her chin on my chest so that she was now looking up at me. Looking down at her, I realized how close we were. Ariana didn't seem to mind the close proximity when she spoke again. "Today I realized I don't know anything about you."

"Yea you do." I disagreed with her statement.

"Yeah. I know your favorite smell is petrichor." She playfully rolled her eyes. "I wanna know more."

"Like?" I asked as we made our way back to the couch and covered ourselves with the blanket.

"Like..." She thought for a moment. "Do you have any siblings?"

I shook my head. "No, I don't. Camilas the closest thing I have to a sibling."

She nodded. "How long have you guys known each other?"

"Since I can remember. She's always been with me from the start." I answered.

"And your parents? How are they?" She asked.

"They're amazing. They live in California, so the last time I saw them was the first time I met you." I told her.

She smiled. "Awww, I remember that day. You were so nervous and awkward."

I lightly pushed her shoulder and covered my face in embarrassment. "Come on, you can't blame me."

"What?" She chuckled as she removed my hands from my face and looked at me. "It was cute." 

My face turned red and this time, I couldn't cover it with my hands since Ariana was holding them. I turned around and dived into the cushions. Arianas loud laugh infiltrated my ears and that was the only thing I ever wanted to hear for the rest of my life.

"Next topic." I mumbled into the cushions.

Ariana pulled me back up by my hands. "Okay, okay. Next topic." She said, still giggling a little bit from my previous actions. "The next topic is... I want to see your house."

"Right now?" I asked, looking at the time.

"Yea!" She stood up excitedly. "I can sleep over!"

I smiled at her childlike antics and nodded. She happily ran inside to grab clothes. To pass the time, I folded the blanket and brought it inside. By the time I was ready to leave, so was Ariana. We got into my car and made our way to my house. Throughout the car ride I was a little nervous about having Ariana over, even though I knew I had nothing to be nervous about.

When we made our way inside, Ariana put  her things down and looked around. I felt anxious as she walked further in, just observing everything. I found myself observing my own house too. It was then I realized my house way way more bland than arianas. When you walk into Arianas house, everywhere you look there's a picture of her and someone she loves or there's some sort of painting on the wall. It's full of art and things she loves. I made a note to myself to hang up some pictures or paintings.

"I'm thinking of getting a dog." I blurted out.

In all honestly, I wasn't thinking about getting a dog, I thought about getting a dog. Once.

Ariana turned around with the biggest smile on her face. "Really?"

I nodded.

"Oh my god! When?" She asked, and I shrugged. "Can we go tomorrow? I'll go with you!"

I smiled at the beautiful Italian in front of me. I loved how spontaneous she was and how she made big plans on the spot. How could I say no?

The night was very calm after that. Ariana and I decided to watch a movie bed and we chose to watch Wall-E. Just as Wall-E met Eve, I felt Arianas head on my shoulder.

"Ari?" I spoke.

When she didn't answer, I realized she was sleeping. I smiled as I turned my attention to the movie, savoring this small moment. Sadly though, the movie ended and I had to get Ariana to bed. Carefully, I picked her up and carried her over to where she would sleep. Thankfully, she didn't wake up and I was in the clear.

I needed to rest up for tomorrow since there was going to be a new, furry addition to my house. I hoped Camila wouldn't mind.

_____________________________

A long chapter to make up for my lack of updated. I didn't proof read, but I will soon. Hope you guys enjoy!

Stay safe!