part nine.

Y/n's POV

It's been a few weeks since I dropped Toulouse off at Ariana's. It was weird because I've gotten so used to him being around the house and now that he's gone, it's different. It's more lonely too.

Ariana sent me a video message about a week ago. It was a video of her and Toulouse howling in a car, followed by another message saying 'calling for u'. It was nice that Ariana was able to understand that even though I only had Toulouse for less than a week, I still bonded with him. Other than that video message, Ariana did not send me anything of Toulouse, but I appreciate her effort of sending that video. I wasn't expecting to see or even speak to Ariana or Toulouse ever again. It wouldn't be the end of the world for me if I never saw or heard of Toulouse again, he's not the most important thing in my life.

He was a cute dog, though. And cute dogs made me happy.

Just as I was rewatching the video of Toulouse for the umpteenth time, I got a few other messages from Ariana. I furrowed my eyebrows as I clicked on the message.

I read and reread the messages multiple times

I read and reread the messages multiple times. I could say I was expecting Ariana to invite me to her penthouse, but that would be a total lie. In fact, I was expecting her to change her number after I returned Toulouse to her. Of course, I would take any opportunity to leave my house, but before I accepted Ariana's offer, I called Camila.

Camila was on her way back from work and she accepted my invitation to go to Ariana's house. I then texted Ariana letting her know that Camila and I would be attending. She told me the time and gave me her address. It was a game night so I didn't really need to dress up at all, but I decided to change clothes since I still had a toothpaste stain on my shirt from this morning. I was ready just as Camila arrived home. It was time to leave when Camila was done getting ready.

Since Ariana's house was a bit of a distance away, Camila and I decided to use my car. Of course it would suck getting there in New York traffic, but we really didn't mind. We hopped into the car and I pulled out of the garage onto the busy streets.

"Isn't it crazy how Ariana Grande invited you over?" Camila asked as I stopped at a red light. "Crazy how I grew up listening to all her songs. I always wished to meet her and now here I am going to her house."

I shrugged with a smile. "I'm just happy I'm getting out of the house for once."

She laughed just as the light turned green. I pressed on the gas pedal, while being careful of all the pedestrians who still decided to cross the street even though the light was green. When we arrived, I parked my car in the reserved parking lot before making my way inside. Camila and I walked up to the front desk and asked to go up to Ariana's floor. She gave us a kind smile before making a phone call. I'm assuming she called Ariana to make sure we weren't some randoms. After Ariana approved, the lady led us to an elevator and clicked the button for us.

A few seconds after the elevators closed, Camila picked her wedgie exaggeratedly. "Oh my god that place was so sophisticated, I was too scared to even cough."

"Ew." I groaned before laughing slightly. "Are you kidding me right now, Camila?"

"Oh shush." She stood up straight as the elevator came to a halt. "As if you never get wedgies."

The doors opened and I exited first, walking down the corridor. "Shut up." I playfully rolled my eyes as I approached the door at the end of the hall.

I took the liberty of knocking on the door and a few seconds later, a smiling Ariana opened the door and let us in. She closed the door before pulling me into a hug. Toulouse came sprinting down the house before jumping on my legs. Camila introduced herself to Ariana as I bent down to pet Toulouse.

"I missed you too, buddy." I laughed as he licked my fingers.

I looked up and saw a few people sitting at a circular table. I stood up and walked over to them and they all smiled at me. "Sup, im y/n."

Ariana came up behind me and introduced me to all of them before motioning me to sit down in a chair beside her. "We already chose the game. Have you guys ever heard of code names?"

Camila and I shook our heads.

We broke up into teams and Ariana explained the rules of the game. We played a bit and after a few rounds, I was starting to get the hang of it.

"Bill, three." Ariana announced to our team.

Scott, Ricky, Lexie and I stared at the board trying to figure out what Ariana was hinting at. Courtney, Camila, Brian, and Douglas sat across from us as we tried to figure out the last of our cards.

"Okay, we can all agree the first one is Duck, right?" Scott suggested. "Like the ducks beak is called the bill?"

The team nodded so Scott tapped the card that had 'Duck' written on it. Ariana smiled and placed a blue card on top. We all celebrated before looking back at the cards.

"It could be slip. Like at a restaurant, some people call it a bill and others call it a slip." Ricky said.

Lexie nodded. "Yea I was thinking that too. Should we go for it?"

Ricky nodded and tapped the card. Ariana placed a blue card on top of it. Our team looked at the board again, trying to figure out the last word. If we guessed correctly, we won the game.

"What the fuck, Ariana? Literally what else is associated with bill?" Lexie questioned as she looked around at the cards.

"Maybe it's doctor because doctors give expensive bills." Brian, who was on the other team, added.

"Shut the fuck up, Brian." Scott laughed.

"Maybe it's United States." I spoke.

My whole team looked at me with the most confused faces I had ever seen. I glanced over at Ariana who had her head down in her arms.

Brian nodded. "Yes! It's United States because there's a lot of ducks in the Unites States!"

"I know I'm on the other team and shouldn't be helping you guys," Camila spoke from across me. "But that's really fucking dumb, y/n."

"Camila, you're like the biggest nerd I know, how do you not know this?" I asked her and everyone looked at me with confused expressions. "The Bill of Rights?" I asked as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You're a fucking genius." Lexie said and she immediately tapped on the card that had the words 'United States' written on it.

Ariana picked up her head from her arms and excitedly put down the blue card on top of the card Lexie just tapped. "Oh thank god!" She exhaled. "That's like the only fucking thing I remembered from history."

The other team groaned since they lost the game. Ariana stood up from her chair and walked over to me to give me a high five. "We make a good team." She smiled.

We were planning on playing other games as well, but the group thought that Code Names was fun, so we played it the whole time. After many more rounds, it got late and Camila needed to go home since she had work tomorrow. We said our goodbyes to everyone as we stood up from our chairs.

"Oh! I'm having a movie night on Friday, you guys should come." Ariana told Camila and I as she walked us to the door.

I was a little surprised by her invite, but I nodded. "Only if it's a good movie." I smiled as I looked over to Camila who was nodding.

Ariana laughed. "Then I'll see you Friday."

Camila and I bid our goodbyes before going home. As I got ready for bed, I couldn't seem to shake the smile off of my face. Today was a good day.