part ten.

Ariana's POV

Courtney helped me set up the living room as we waited for everyone to come over. We moved the little coffee table away and set up pillows and blankets on the floor so that people could sit there when there was no space left on the couches. Y/n and Camila were the first ones to arrive. They had bags full of snacks that they decided to bring. I thanked them and took the bags from them so I could put them on the kitchen counter.

Originally, I wasn't planning on befriending the pair, I just wanted Toulouse back and didn't want to deal with anyone. I was even going to change my number because I feared that y/n was gonna sell it or something. I was thankful that they were returning Toulouse to me without a hassle, but I didn't really want anything to do with them. When I first met y/n, she was shy and a little bit awkward, but she somehow made it out to be funny and cute. After I invited her to game night, it was clear that everyone in the group enjoyed her company. Even Camila, who I had only met two days ago, was starting to feel like someone who I had known for ages. They were really chill, so I made two new friends.

As more people started arriving, I began making the popcorn. I gave the remote to Vic and sent her to start the movie. Once all of the popcorn was popped, I made my way to the living room and sat on the couch between Courtney and Camila. Douglas turned off all the lights before he sat on the loveseat next to Lexie.

"What movie is this?" Y/n asked from the floor as she wrapped herself in one of the blankets.

"Knives out." Courtney answered.

The movie began playing as everyone began to settle down. Throughout the movie, Ricky would keep on making comments and then got yelled at by everyone for it. I laughed, remembering how annoying it was when he did it when we were dating. I'm glad we were still on good terms even after our breakup.

In the middle of the movie, Camila's phone rang. "Boooo!" Y/n jokingly put a thumbs down at Camila. Camila playfully rolled her eyes before standing up and exiting the room to answer the phone.

A few minutes later, Camila came back in the room just to get y/n and they left the room together. I was a little bit curious, but focused on the movie. A few seconds later, Camila came back in, announcing that she had to leave. Y/n situated herself next to me as Camila said goodbye to everyone.

I paused the movie and sat up. "Where are you going?"

Camila rolled her eyes and sighed. "Someone messed something up at work and I have to go fix it."

I frowned as she said one more goodbye before leaving. I started the movie again and leaned over to y/n. "How are you getting home?" I whispered, knowing that Camila and her came together.

She shrugged. "I'll probably just get a cab or something."

"I can probably give you a ride home." I offered. 

"It's fine, really. I don't want to trouble you."

I shook my head. "It's no trouble."

She nodded and we focused our attention back on the movie. I laughed as Toulouse wedged himself right between y/n and I. He stayed there for the whole movie and ended up falling asleep.

"I knew it!" Brian yelled at the end of the movie. "I fucking called it and you all thought I was stupid!"

We all laughed at Brian and I stood up from the couch, stretching with a small yawn. I picked up a few cups and stray popcorns before throwing it in the trash. Before I knew it, everyone left, leaning y/n and I alone. She picked up a plastic cup and helped me clean up the mess that we all made.

She picked up another cup and put it into the garbage bag in her hangs before pausing and looking over to me. "If you could have dinner with anyone in the world who would it be?" She asked out of the blue.

I looked at her with a puzzled expression. "I don't know. Why?"

She shrugged before putting a crumpled napkin into the bag. "I'd choose Madonna."

I snickered. "Why?"

"'Cause she's italian and I like pasta."

I stopped cleaning for a moment and stared at her. "I'm Italian."

"Oh you're right! I change my mind." She said and I smiled. "I'd choose your mom."

"What? Why not me?" I frowned.

"Because ew."

I laughed and shrugged her joke off. "I think I'd choose one of my fans. Have a nice dinner with them and make them happy for a day."

She stopped cleaning for a moment and smiled at me. "You're cute."

I smiled back and was about to respond when someone knocked on my door. Assuming someone from the movie night came back to get something they forgot, I opened it.

"Hey babe. Can we talk?"

I immediately froze as I saw Pete standing in my doorway. He let himself in and walked into the kitchen where y/n was. I hurried inside as y/n furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Sorry, I totally forgot I invited him over." I told y/n, deciding not to tell her the actual truth.

She nodded with a smile. "Hey, it's fine. I'll take a cab."

I didn't want her to take a cab at this hour, but I wasn't going to leave Pete alone in my house, so I nodded hesitantly. I walked her to the door and gave her a small wave as she made her way down the hall towards the elevator. When she was gone, I closed the door and made my way to Pete. I fiddled with our engagement ring on my finger that I had not taken off.

He walked over to me and took my hands in his. I shook my head and pulled them away. "Pete..."

"No, Ari," He took my hands again and looked into my eyes. "I swear I'm doing better. Look, I'm trying, okay? I've been clean and I've been getting help."

I looked down at the floor. I wasn't really sure whether to believe him or not.

"Trust me, babe. I miss you." He whispered.

I missed him too. It was hard being away from him.

"Give me another chance and let me prove it to you. I love you."

I looked away from the floor and into his eyes. They held so much emotion in them and it seemed like he was telling the truth. I missed him, so I nodded and pulled him in for a kiss.

"I love you too."