part four.

Y/n's POV

I woke up later than I usually do, so when I got up, Camila was already at work. There goes my daily amount of human interaction. I sighed as I made myself a cup of coffee. I sat on the balcony with my feet up as I watched everyone below me. As I was sitting there, I realized how nice of a day it was. I went back inside, deciding that I would go out today.

I got ready and left, not really having much of a plan. I decided that I would first stop by the cafe so get some food since I only had coffee for breakfast and my stomach was empty. I got a croissant with butter and I was on my merry way. I walked wherever I desired, and ended up at Central Park. The heat began to make me a little uncomfortable, so I found a little tree that provided some shade and settled myself beneath it.

I laid down on the grass as I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in. Surprisingly, this is way better than laying down on my balcony. I laid there for a few minutes before I felt something crawl onto my lap.

What the fuck is on me?

My eyes quickly snapped open, but I stared at the leaves of the tree, too afraid to see what was actually on my lap.  Slowly, I sat up while keeping my legs as still as possible. When I looked down, I saw a small, brown dog laying down on me. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked around for a worried owner. There was no one.

I hesitantly put my hand out for the dog to familiarize itself with me. It took one small sniff before licking my finger. I laughed as I got more comfortable and pet it's head.

"You're a good dog, aren't you?" I cooed as it panted happily.

I looked for a tag around its collar, but the phone number was all scratched up and illegible. I was able to read the dogs name though.

"Toulouse." I said out loud and the dog looked over to me. "That's your name."

I nodded to myself as I sat up straight. I grabbed a piece from my leftover croissant and held it out to Toulouse. He happily accepted my offer and ate it.

I stared at the dog as I wondered what to do with it. Should I leave it? Should I take it home? I looked at him once again as he sniffed the air and I didn't have the heart to leave him alone. I hesitantly picked him up and stood up. He didn't seem to be in any kind of distress, so I assumed he was okay with me carrying him.

I walked over to a small store to buy some dog shampoo because although the dog was cute, it smelled awful. I also bought some dog food in case he was hungry. After purchasing the items, I made my way home.

"Okay," I spoke to the dog as I opened the door. "Here's where you'll be staying until we find your owner." I put him down.

He sniffed around and I watched him. I put the bags on the counter before returning to him. He got more comfortable and jumped on the couch, which I was fine with, until I realized he was dirty and was staining the couch.

"No!" I shrieked as I quickly ran over to him and picked him up off of the couch. I gasped as I saw the dirt and mud all over the white couch.

"Oh my god." I whispered as I looked over to Toulouse. "Camila's gonna kill us."

Since I didn't want him dirtying my other furniture, I decided that it was a good time to give him a bath. I got the shampoo from the grocery bag and an old towel and made my way to the bathroom. I turned on the warm water and put Toulouse in the bath. He calmly sat there as he allowed me to wash him with no problems.

"You're such a cool dog. I wonder what happened to your owner." I thought out loud. "Did you run away?" I asked him even though he couldn't answer. "That's bad. You can't run away, dude. Your owner is probably worried sick about you." I told him as I massaged the shampoo into his fur. "Unless they abused you. In that case, it's totally cool that you ran away."

I stopped for a moment before laughing. I am talking to a dog. I really need human friends.

After washing the soap off, I realized that Toulouse wasn't brown, he was actually more of a cream color. I dried him off after he was all clean. I laughed as he zoomed around the kitchen, into my bedroom, then back out to the living room. He finally calmed down after a while and walked towards me while panting.

"You must be thirsty, huh?" I asked as I grabbed a bowl. Instead of getting water from the sink, I got him the filtered water from the fridge.

I set the bowl down by the wall, and got another bowl for his food. He ate and drank as I grabbed cleaning supplies to clean off the couch. I didn't really know much, so I grabbed a random spray bottle and a rag and made my way to the couch. I sprayed the dirt and began scrubbing it off. For the most part, it was working.

"What did you do?"

I quickly stood up and turned around to see Camila looking at me with her arms crossed.

"Jesus fucking Christ Camila, are you a ninja or something? I didn't even hear you come in." I caught my breath.

She laughed as she took the cleaning supplies from me and looked at the couch. "Seriously, what'd you do? Bring an animal here or something?"

I laughed nervously. "Something like that."

She furrowed her eyebrows as she turned to look at me. Suddenly, Toulouse walked out of the kitchen and made himself comfortable on the couch. Camila looked at the dog and then back at me.

"Did you seriously get a dog?"

"Yea... No... I found him." I struggled to explain.

"Awww, he's so cute!" Camila smiled as she walked over to Toulouse and pet him.

"You're not mad?" I asked.

Camila held him closer. "Are you kidding? I love him already."

Camila and I ate, occasionally throwing a couple pieces of food to Toulouse before going to bed. I got into bed and closed my eyes. A few seconds later, Toulouse hopped on the bed and laid down right next to me.

I smiled.

Today didn't feel so lonely.