part fourteen.

Ariana's POV

I yawned as I walked into the kitchen to make myself some breakfast. Technically, it was lunch since I woke up very late today, but I'm just going to call it breakfast. Not feeling very motivated to make a whole meal, I just decided a small bowl of cereal would suffice. It's better than eating nothing at all, which is what I used to do before.

I used to stay in bed all day, not even getting up to eat or shower. They weren't my proudest moments, but I've been getting better. I've been going to therapy and getting the help I need to heal. It's a very slow process, but I was on the way to recovery. It's been hard, but I've had the greatest support system I could ever ask for. My mom, Court, Vic, Pete, Tommy and Douglas have all been checking up on me constantly and it feels good to know that I'm cared about. And even though I haven't seen them, I've been getting texts from Camila and Y/n, telling me that they were there for me if I needed them.

Pete was out, so I was alone with the dogs. Usually it's me that leaves Pete alone all day since I'm constantly working, but I've been on a break. I don't mind. Although I do miss being in the studio and using my voice.

Suddenly, there was a knock on my door. No one told me they were coming over, so I was a little confused. I assumed it was my mom since she always shows up uninvited, so I was surprised to see y/n standing across from me when I opened the door. She had a smile on her face and a bag in her hands. "Hey."

I smiled and moved out of the way so she could come in. My mood instantly sky rocketed for some reason. She went over to the kitchen and set her bag down on the table. Myron curiously walked over to y/n, sniffing her feet before wagging his tail excitedly. I loved Myron, but I'm not fully healed yet, so just looking at him reminds me of Mac. Myron has no idea he's never coming back.

"Hey buddy." Y/n bent down to pet him. "Who's this?" She asked looking at me.

"That's um," My voice cracked a bit, so I cleared my throat. "After Mac passed away, I decided to adopt Myron."

She nodded and she stood up and walked over to me. She pulled me in for a hug and I buried my face into her shoulder as I tried to pull myself together, but I couldn't stop the few teardrops from falling. She squeezed me tight for a second just before letting go and making her way to the bag on the counter.

"I, um, never really experienced anything like what you're going through right now, so I really don't know what to say or how to help," She grabbed the bag and made her way over to me with a small smile. "But I do know that chocolate makes people feel better sometimes, so I got you some."

I smiled through my tears as she pulled out a box of chocolates and handed it to me. I laughed and her smile grew wider. She reached into the bag again and pulled out a bag of dog treats. "I also bought this for Toulouse, but Myron can have some too."

I walked over to her and pulled her into another hug. This time, I was actually smiling instead of crying. I appreciated the fact that she was trying to make me feel better, even though she doesn't really know what to do. But maybe she really did know what she was doing after all, because it seemed to be working.

"Oh!" She perked up and I looked at her. "You're gonna need a change of clothes."

"What?" I frowned as I looked down at my t shirt and shorts. "Why?"

"Because it's raining."

"Okay...?" I stared at her in confusion. "Did you forget we are indoors? And that we're protected from the rain?"

"From what I can remember," She opened the box of chocolates and took a bite out of one. "A little singer told me she likes to go out when it's raining."

I immediately got the message and ran into my room to change. I was ready in less that 5 minutes with a pair of grey sweat pants and a grey sweatshirt. We made our way outside and I shivered a bit since the rain water was a little cold.

"Where do you wanna go, Grande?" She asked as I wrapped my arm around hers. "The world is yours."

I thought about it for a moment. "There's a tiny park down the block that way." I pointed to our right.

"Then let's go!" She smiled as she started walking in the direction.

Every so often, y/n and I would pass by a puddle, and she made it her solemn duty to jump in every single one of them. She even made me jump in them too, but I didn't really mind that much. We arrived at the park and my first instinct was to immediately go to the swings. Y/n laughed as she went on the one beside me, and we competed to see who could swing higher. It was a little bit difficult to do things, since it was raining rather hard and it was really windy, but it was fun.

"What's your favorite smell?" Y/n asked once we had both calmed down a bit.

"Toulouse when he's sleeping."

Y/n laughed. "What?"

I laughed with a shrug. "I don't know, he smells different when he sleeps, but it smells good. I like it." 

"What does it smell like?" She asked.

I shrugged again. "I can't really describe it, you know? It's warm and pleasant." The rain was starting to die down and I looked over to her. "What's yours?"

"Petrichor."

"What is that?" I asked.

"It's the smell that comes after it rains." She explained. "It's not that good in New York, though. When I lived in LA, I lived for that shit. I'd go outside after it rained just to smell it."

I laughed. "I know what you're talking about. I think that might be a close second for me."

By then, the rain had completely stopped, but it was still a little cold. I shivered and y/n seemed to notice. She got up from her swing and stood in front of me. "Let's get you home. I don't want the whole world hating me for making you sick."

I stood up and wrapped my arm around hers. "The whole world wouldn't hate you." I assured her. "Maybe only half of it."

It was mostly silent on the walk to my house, but it was comfortable. Y/n didn't come inside though, she said she needed to get home as soon as possible since Camila was waiting for her. I gave her a hug before going upstairs to my apartment. I took a shower and got into comfortable clothes before laying in bed. I scrolled through social media for a few minutes before I heard Pete coming into the house. It took him a few minutes, but he finally walked into our room.

"Hey, baby." I smiled as he made his way towards the bed.

He crawled on top of me and kissed my cheek. "Hi, how was your day?" 

"Good." I smiled, recalling everything I did today.

He smiled and leaned down to kiss my lips. "Yea? I know a few ways I can make it better." His lips trailed down to my neck, but I lightly pushed him away since I wasn't really in the mood.

"Pete, not today."

He sighed and groaned as he flopped onto the bed beside me. "Not today, not yesterday, not the day before that. When Ariana?"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm just not ready yet."

"What do you mean you're not ready?" He asked, getting more frustrated. "We've dome it before. Just because Mac died you can't have sex anymore?"

"I just-"

"Get over yourself, Ariana." He scoffed. "Mac died. Get over it." He stood up in anger and left the room. I turned on my side and buried myself under the covers and tried to hold back my tears as nest as I could.

One good day was too good to be true.