chapter 2

Paul's pov:

When I came into the class the teacher had just walked in and all the students sat on a chair. I just tried to walk as quietly I could. I took place at the only chair that was free. It was besides a boy with dark brown hair. As I sat down, I heard a couple of students laugh. Did they laugh at me? Then the teacher began

"we have a new student here today his name is... is... what's you name?"

I stood up and said "Paul" with confidence in my voice. I wasn't confident but it was good to trick the others to think you were.

"yes, right this is Paul. My name is Mr. Lewis. Now to the first world war..."

After a couple of minutes my mind drifted off. I started to think of the older student i had met out in the hallway. But I was interrupted.

"halloo" it was the boy besides me.

"sorry my mind was just another place"

"it's all good"

I looked around. All the other students talked to each other.

"did we get a task?" I asked.

"yeah we should discuss why so many soldiers died in world war one. But I can see you don't know so what about we just learn a bit about each other?"

"good idea. But one question before that. Why are you so friendly?" I said.

"to be honest I don't know I'm not normally like this"

"how is you normally?"

"well let me say it this way I'm not the most popular one. I'm more like that guy who sits over in the corner by himself."

"not to offend you but you look very much like that kind of guy"

"haha I am offended no I'm just kidding"

"But anyway, what is your name?"

"George"

"George hm. My name is Paul"

"yeah I know you said it really laud out in the class"

"oh yeah I forgot that. Was it really that laud?"

"yeah"

"how embarrassing"

Then we both laughed.

"boys! Could whatever your doing wait to the break?" Mr. Lewis asked.

"sorry" we both said.

After some time, George handed me a little sheet of paper. I took it and there stood something on it. Want to spent break together? I took my pencil and wrote. Of course. Then I handed him the paper. He read it and smiled.

John's pov:

When I came to the classroom, I walked in. the teacher looked mad at me and said

"you late again!"

"yeah I know"

Then the teacher turned back around to the blackboard. I looked around the class. I couldn't see a thing, but I didn't want to use my glasses. Then an arm waved at me and walked closer. Is was Stu. I sat down beside him. Besides Stu Pete sat. To be honest I didn't really like any of them, but they swam around me all the time.

"hey John, why are you late?" Pete asked.

"yeah John what did you need in your locker? you don't have anything with you right now?" Stu asked.