chapter 31

John's pov:

It was Thursday and I was on my way home from Paul. I had followed him all the way home from the park as always. This week had been amazing I thought, I never thought this would happen, me being together with Paul.

On the way home I walked past a cinema, it only caught my attention because there was a big poster of Elvis outside. I remembered the time me and Paul had been in the malt shop and talked about the movie. Paul liked Elvis and he liked the theme song jailhouse rock no doubt we should see this movie together.

I looked around and saw a phone box further down the street. I quickly ran over to it and put a coin into the phone. I placed the receiver at the ear and heard a lady voice say, "who's you calling?"

"McCartney" I said and waited till I heard a deep voice say, "Jim McCartney who am I talking to"

I assumed Jim was Paul's dad so I said, "hello I'm John one of Paul's friends can I talk with him?"

"yes, of course I'll get him" Jim answered.

There was quiet for some time till I heard a familiar voice ask, "hallo?"

I chuckled and said, "hallo Macca"

"John" he said a bit surprised.

"yeah that's my name"

"what are you doing?"

"what's the matter luv?" I asked.

I could hear him blush while saying, "nothin"

"well I have a surprise for you"

"a surprise?" he asked.

"yeah I can't tell what it is just meet me in the park tomorrow at 5"

"okay whatever you say"

"great see you tomorrow"

"see you" he said and hung up.

I hung up as well and walked out of the booth. I walked back to the cinema and over to the men who sold tickets.

"two tickets to see jailhouse rock tomorrow at 20"

"okay that will be 2 pounds"

I gave him the money and he gave me the tickets. I put the tickets in my pocket and started to walk home.

Paul's pov:

I walked back to the dining table and sat down, I was excited about tomorrow, to see what the surprise was. I continued to eat but I noticed my father didn't, I looked at him and as we got eye contact, he asked, "who was that?"

I froze and swallowed what I had in my mouth, "one of my friends from school"

"I don't think you have mentioned him before"

"I don't?" I said innocently.

"no not really when did you meet?"

"in school"

"I know but when, how long have you been friends?"

I thought for a moment, how long had you been friends?

"I don't know, a month or so?"

"well I would like too meet him sometime and same with your friend George"

I just nodded and started to eat again. When we were done eating, I washed the dishes, I knew I had to be on the good side of my when I asked him if I could be out to late tomorrow. When I was done with the dishes, I walked out to my dad who sat in a chair in the sitting room and read the newspaper. He looked at me and asked, "are you finished?"