chapter 37

John's pov:

I arrived at Paul's house before Paul and George, so I hid behind some bushes, I noticed there was a couple of flowers on the bush and picked one. After a couple of minutes, I heard George's voice, "you know I just want to help you right?"

"yeah I know and I'm thankful to have a friend like you, but there is nothing wrong really I'm just tied" I heard Paul say.

I now saw them stop outside Paul's house, I made sure they couldn't see me and then heard George say, "right, I'll get the truth out of you sometime"

"if you say so" Paul said and waved George goodbye.

George walked away, when I couldn't see him anymore, I stood up and took a deep breath. What if he wouldn't forgive me? I thought I slapped myself on the cheek and walked up to Paul's house. I could feel my heart beat I'm my chest, why was I even so nerves?

Paul's pov:

I waved George goodbye and walked into my house. As soon as I closed the door I sank to the floor and started to cry. Today had been awful, I couldn't think of anything else than John. He hadn't been to school today even thought Tuesday was his favorite day. He must really be disgusted by me.

I stood up to get a glass of water, still with tears running down my cheeks. When I entered the kitchen, I saw a note on the table, I walked over to it and read it, me and mike are out shopping new shoes, we'll be home at about 5.

As soon as I was finished reading, I heard a knock on the door, I nearly jumped in surprise and quickly whipped my tears away with my hand. I ran to the door and thought about who it could be, I opened the door and to my surprise it was John!

He smiled and handed me a flower, I smiled and felt tears run down my cheeks again. His smiled now faded and a worried look took over his face. I looked down at the ground, I didn't know what to do. Suddenly I felt the well-known feeling of John's arms around me. I hugged back and buried y face in his chest, he squeezed me a bit and then grabbed my face with his beautiful but ruff hands.

Our eyes met and it was like the world arounds us disappeared. I felt his lips meet mine and one of the most wonderful kisses I had ever had followed. After some time, we pulled away and then the silence was broken by John, "I'm so sorry"

"no John I'm sorry" I said and close the door.

"well yes, but I shouldn't have overreacted it this much"

"overreacted? I read you diary and then wrote in it, that's just not okay" I said and walked into the living room.

John followed me and said, "well you're my boyfriend I shouldn't be hiding anything for you"

I sat down in the cotch, "but that's the thing I read it before we were together"

He sat down beside me, "how long have you had it?"

"since the day we kissed for the first time, y'know the day where you ran away"

He smiled embarrassed, I laughed and kept on explaining, "well when you ran you left your notebook behind and then I picked it up to give it to you later"

"well you never gave it to me"

"at least I had it instead of some stranger or even worse" I defended.

"you're right, but this still doesn't explain why you read it"

I looked down, "I don't know it was wrong and I know that, but my curiosity got me"

He grabbed my chin and made me look at him. he was close to my face when he said, "it's all right" and then gave me a kiss.

John's pov:

We sat in Paul's living room on the couch with a record on. We sat very close and Paul rested his head on my shoulder. Everything was perfect till I thought where is his dad and brother? They couldn't see us like this. I tried to forget the thought, but when the last song on the record ended, I asked, "hey Paul?"

"mmmh?" me mumbled.

"where are your family?"

"they're out shippin'"

"do you know when they'll get home?"

"at about 5 I think"

I looked at my wristwatch, "ehm Paul it is 5"

He jumped right up and took of the record and put it back in its sleeve. He waved me over to him and started walking, I followed him, and we headed to his room.

As soon as I entered his room I lay down in his bed and pulled him with me. he managed to lay the record on the floor just before I kissed him. We now lay face to face in his bed and looked in each other's eyes in complete silence.

Paul's pov:

After about 10 minuets of so we both heard the front door open. John quickly sat up and I stood up and then sat down at my desk chair. We could hear someone talk downstairs and then footsteps on the stairway. It was probably just my dad who came to say he and Mike was home.

There heard 3 gentle knocks on my door and then a well-known face showed in the doorway. It wasn't my or Mike it was George!

Authors note:

Thank you so much for reading, please vote if you think this chapter deserves it and please stay safe in this corona time.