chapter 20

John's pov:

It was Sunday and I sat on my bed with my guitar in my lab. I tried to remember some of the chords Paul had taught me. I had so many feelings inside me right now I just wanted to forget everything. I knew I couldn't, so I thought of writing a song. Whenever I didn't know what to do with my thoughts, I wrote a song. Also, I couldn't forget about Paul, whenever I thought of anything Paul popped into my mind. But why, why did I always think of him? He was just some bloke that moved here a month ago or so, so why did I always think of him?

I started to strum some chords and in about an hour I had the melody in place. Now I needed a text. I had been writing poetry for quite some time, since I was 14, I think. So, writing lyrics wasn't that hard I thought. Now I need a theme or something to write about so what could it be. I thought for a moment, the only thing I could think about was Paul, of course. I threw my back onto the bed and sighted. Stupid Paul! I thought, why couldn't I think of anything else?!

I looked at the roof, was I... no I wasn't, was I? no, no, no I wasn't queer. I never liked a boy in this way. On the other side I also never liked a girl in this way. Paul was something special, for the first time saw him something draw me to him.

I grabbed my notebook and a pencil I would write a song to or about him. I wrote down the fist that came to mind.

I think about you night and day

I need you and it's true

When I think about you, I can say

I'm never, never, never, never blue

I looked at my work, I was satisfied. This expressed exactly how I felt. I continued and wrote.

So, I'm telling you my friend

That I'll get you, I'll get you in the end

Yes, I will, I'll get you in the end

Oh yeah, oh yeah

Perfect. I liked the lyrics so far. I tried to come up with some more, but I couldn't, I was completely empty of ideas. I threw the notebook and pencil at my desk and lay down in bed. Paul bloody Paul why did you have to come into my life? I looked at my alarm clock, it read 11 pm. Not long after I fell asleep.

Paul's pov:

I sat in class besides George. It was the first two periods Monday morning and I had tuple staying awake. I couldn't sleep because of my thoughts. Thoughts about John... I don't know why but it was like I was in love with him but that couldn't be true. I wasn't queer I knew that.

"Paul? Paaaul?!"

It was George. He was waiving his hand in front of my face. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him.

"ruff night huh?" George asked.

"yeah I couldn't sleep"

"me nether I was soo hungry I didn't know what to do with myself"

I chuckled and said, "of course"

George giggled and asked, "now why couldn't you sleep?"

"the thoughts y'know"

"classic"

I giggled and asked, "so what are we supposed to do right now?"

"discuss what started the battle at pear harbor" George chuckled.

"owww... well let's not do it then"

George now started to laugh, and I tried to shush him before the teacher noticed us. Of course, it was too late, and the teacher rushed over to us.

"what is it that's so funny?!"

We both went completely quiet and looked down the ground.

"ow so know you can be quiet!?" the teacher said aggressive.

We both kept staring at the floor without a noise. The teacher walked back to his desk and said to the whole class, "this only happened 16 years ago and yet these two boys still got the nave to make fun of it. I can't believe this generation. You should all be glad you were too young to remember the war. Now in 1941..."

I slid back into my thoughts and before I knew it the bell rang. Me and George both walked out in the hallway and over to our lockers. To my surprise I saw John learning up against his locker. Apparently, George didn't notice he just walked over to his own locker. I walked over to John and opened my locker without saying anything.

"hey Paul?" I heard John whisper.

I didn't look at him as I whispered "open your locker so it doesn't look like we talk"

He did as I said and opened the locker.

"so, what I was about to ask wa-"

He was cut of by George walking over to me while saying, "hey Paul are you ready?"

I looked at George, he seemed to have noticed John now because he looked annoyed and freighted.

"just go to the cafeteria I'll come after I've been to the toilet"

He nodded and walked away with a worried look on his face. As George turned around a corner John started again, "so what I was saying was I need some help with a song, and I thought about you"

I blushed a bit I don't know if it were because John thought of me or if it were the thought of John a song. The only thing I said was, "do you write songs?"

I saw John blush a little and say proud "of course I do"

I chuckled and said, "I'll help you if you want me to"

"okay then what about we meet up at the park tomorrow after school?"

"sounds grate" I said and slammed my locker.

John closed his locker as well and walked to the cafeteria. I went into the bathroom and did my business.

Author's note:

Thank you so much for reding it really makes me happy. I can't believe this is the 20th chapter of this book! And they haven't even kissed yet! Also comment if you know witch song it is John is writing.

If you liked this chapter then please vote it do so much for my writing motivation to know you like this.