chapter 3

John's pov:

the rest of the school day went normally except every time I saw that Paul boy, we got awkward eye contact. I kind of liked it but only because it made him feel uncomfortable!

When I came home, I ran directly up to my room and practiced on my guitar. I had convinced Mimi to buy me one about 3 months ago and almost every time I got home, I went into my room and practiced. My goal was to get a band and get as fames as Elvis. But I wasn't going as well as I had wished. My guitar playing was decent but to find a band was much harder. Stu and Pete weren't too much help. I hadn't even told them I was looking for a band. They would just mock me. Also, they wouldn't let me talk to anybody else but them. They followed me everywhere the only time they weren't right behind me was on the toilet.

After some time, I went down to find something to eat. I stepped into the kitchen. There was a note on the table, it wrote I'm out till 10 am so I've left you 10 pounds for food.

"then I guess I'm going out for the night" I said out loud.

Paul's pov:

The periods went by slowly, but I had George by my side to keep me company. I saw John a couple of times that day. He also saw me. I know because every time I saw him, we got eye contact.

When I came home, Mike greeted me welcome. We ate and talked about how our school day had went. Mike went to another school for younger children. He had already got a lot of new friends. He was apparently very popular. I told him about George and how he was the only one I had met. I didn't want to tell him about John or Stu and Pete.

Then I went up to my room and started playing on my guitar. I had started playing at about a year ago. I enjoyed playing on it, it had especially helped me in the hardest period of my life my mothers' death. It brought my thoughts to something else. I was getting good at it if I should say so myself. I really wanted to get in a band. But at this time, it seemed hopeless. Just remember, only happy thoughts.

after some time my dad knocked on the door.

"can I come in?" my dad asked.

"yeah"

"I wondered if you would like to eat out tonight, I know we don't do it often, but I would like to celebrate you and Mikes first day at school."

"that's sounds fantastic dad!"

"okay then"

I took on a pair of jeans, a shirt and my leather jacket. I was ready. We hadn't eaten out in a long time. I went downstairs and out of the door, out to my dad's car. We didn't drive very long till the car stopped outside a restaurant.

We walked in and a waitress showed us down at table. On the one side of the table Mike and dad sat and I on the other. we sat and waited for some time and then a waiter came over to us. We ordered and the waiter walked away. We waited for a while and a waitress came with our drinks. I started to sip on my cola and look around the other tables. Ca. half of all the tables was taken. A waitress walked over to the table between Mike and dad's heads. Behind the waitress walked a young man with brown hair. The man sat down and then I noticed it was John! I choked on my cola and my dad looked worried at me.

"are you ok?"

"yes, sorry I just drank too fast"

I looked at john again he was looking at the menu. Then a waiter came over to him to take his orders. Mike and dad were talking about something probably about school, but I didn't listen. John talked to the waiter and the waiter wrote down. Then the waiter walked away, and John looked around. At first, he didn't notice me but then he saw at me. I quickly looked away and acted like I listened to Mike and dad's conversation. After a little while I looked at John again. a waitress was handing him his drink, it was a cola like mine. I stared at him and when the waitress was gone John stared back at me. Our eyes met and we got eye contact. We held it for a while, but then a waitress with our food came.

"here is your food" the waiter said.

"thank you" I said and took the plate she was handing me.

I sat the plate down in front of me. I was going to look at John again, but my dad interrupted.

"so how was your first school day Paul?"

I looked at my dad. "fine" I could feel John stare at me.

"so... your first day at a new school went fine?" my dad asked.

"yeah" I said while gazing at John.

"you don't want to elaborate?"

"oohhm yes..." I was still looking at John.

"what's wrong with you boy!?" my dad asked and looked behind him.

"nothing" I said looking at my dad.

"but yeah school went good I met a boy called George and he was pretty nice."

"that's good to hear" my dad said and began to eat.

I started to eat too while looking at John. There came a waiter over to johns table and handed him a plate. John began to eat and we only broke eye contact when my dad or Mike talked to me. After we had finished our dinner my dad paid, and we drove home. When we left John sat at his table and ate ice cream.

John's pov:

When the clock was about 6am I decided to go to an restaurant. My favourite restaurant was about 20 minutes away. I took my leather jacket on and went out the door.

When I walked into the restaurant a waitress showed me over to a table. I sat down and looked at the menu, I don't know why. I always ordered the same. I then called a waiter over and ordered. As the waiter left, I looked around. I hadn't sat with this table before. I always sat with my back at the wall I was looking at now. There sat people at about half of all the tables I could see. I was the only one that sat alone. Then I looked at the table forthright. And there Paul sat! he had been looking at me, but he quickly looked away when I saw him. I gazed at him for a while. He didn't notice. Then a waitress came with my cola.

"thank you" I said, and she left.

I took a sip and looked at Paul again. now he was looking back at me. We got eye contact and we held it right until a waitress came with their food. Paul took the plait the waitress handed him and said something. I was ready to get that weird eye contact with him again, but he looked at, what I assume was his dad instead. They were talking to each other. I was still staring at Paul hoping he would look back and he did. He was still talking with his dad, but he was looking at me. Then his dad turned around. I quickly looked at a painting on the wall besides me. After a few seconds I looked back at Paul. He was talking to his dad, I just kept on staring at him and I did the hole evening. While I was eating my ice cream Paul and his family paid and left. I felt a bit lonely, so I quickly ate my ice cream and paid. The walk home took longer than ever I could not think of everything else then Paul. Bloody Paul. What was it that was so special about him?

When I arrived at my doorstep, I saw Mimi was home. I walked in and yelled

"hi Mimi"

"hi John"

Then I took my pyjamas on and lay down in my bed.

Authors note:

I hope you have enjoyed this chapter, as always if you see any grammatical errors please write it to me. Thank you for reading it means more than you think.