chapter 42

Paul's pov:

I was on my way home from the park, it had been great except I couldn't forget George or Richard. It was just so weird why they were talking together, George never talked to anyone except me so the only they were talking must be because George pissed Ricard off or something. George wouldn't stand a chance against Ricard, maybe Richard was short, but he was still at least 2 years older.

John's pov:

It was Wednesday and I sat in the cafeteria with Paul. I looked around, everything seemed normal, as always Stu and Pete sat and glared at us the only odd thing was George didn't sit at his table, I didn't think much of it till I saw Paul look around with a worried look.

"he's okay Macca" I said and lay my hand on his shoulder.

He sighted, "but what if he isn't"

"it's his life Paul, he can do what he wants"

As I said this George walked over to his table, but he wasn't alone. Richard was with him and sat where Paul used to sit. We both stared at them just observing their every move.

"isn't that-"

"Richard?" I burst out interrupting Paul.

"they are... friends?" Paul asked.

"I don't know?" I shrugged.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I was on my way to class, I'd have to talk to Richard, why did a tough guy like Richard hand out with George?

I reached my classroom and when in, I was early because I wanted to talk to Richard now, not after the bell rang. I sat down, but didn't wait for long, out in the hallway I heard him and George talk and soon Richard walked in. I waved him over with a smile, he looked around and then hesitantly walked over to me.

"take a seat" I said with a smile.

He put his books on the table besides mine and sat down.

"you know George?"

"yeah we met yesterday"

"so, you're friends?"

"yeah we both like music so y'know we have something to talk about"

"you like music?" I asked a bit surprised.

"of course!" he smiled.

Well of course he did, with that Elvis hair and all.

"well welcome in the club"

"you like music too?"

"yeah rock n roll y'know" I said with a big smile.

"what else, do you play anything?" he asked interested.

"well I play guitar"

"great I play drums"

"great maybe you could come play with me and Paul some time" I said exited.

He looked puzzled at me, "who's Pau?"

"haven't George told you about him?"

"no, no he haven't mentioned anyone named Paul"

"well he used to be George's best friend"

"why aren't they fri-"

Richard was cut off by the teacher, "listen up everybody, today we're going to..."

Paul's pov:

I sat in class, George sat as far away from me as he could as he had done since he had caught me and john. I had no one to talk to in class and nobody wanted to talk to me in fear of being beat up by John.

I sighted and grabbed my pencil from my pencil holder. I started to doddle on my notebook. I just wanted to see John again.

John's pov:

Finally, the school day was done, I was on my way over to Paul who hopefully stood at his locker. Suddenly I felt a hand grab my arm, I turned around and saw Richard.

"why aren't they friends?"

I hesitated, should I really tell him? if Paul found out he would be mad I knew that, but why hadn't George told him about Paul? That seemed a bit weird.

I decided to tell him the truth, "well really it's because me and Paul are friends"

He looked puzzled at me.

"look let's meet this Friday in the small park at 6 pm then I'll explain it to you"

Richard nodded and let go of my arm. I started walking again, now Paul would ask where I had been.

Paul's pov:

"What's the clock johnny?" I asked after pulling away from a kiss.

John looked at his wristwatch, "about 10 over 5"

I looked up at him and gave him a peck on the cheek, "then we should be going"

John nodded with a big sight. I stood up and reached a hand out for John to grab it. He did and forced himself to stand up. On the way home we talked about George and Richard.

"I'm just worried about him"

"I know Macca, but really Richard isn't as tough as he looks you should try talking to him"

"no, I couldn't do that he doesn't even know who I am"

"that's why you should talk to him, to know him"

"I don't know Johnny" I sighted and looked at the ground.

"well I think you should rethink it another time" he said and stopped outside my house.

I stopped as well and looked back up at him, "if you say so"

He grabbed my shoulder, "good to hear, see you tomorrow"

"see you" I said and turned around.

I walked through my garden gate and then through the front door.

Authors note:

Sorry for not uploading in so long school have just been exhausting. Anyways thank you very much for reading it means a lot really.

As always if you liked this chapter then please vote it means a whole lot.

Stay safe and away from each other 😊.