Chapter 14

Cassidy's P.O.V.

Once again, my alarm woke Warren and I up from our peaceful sleep. However this time, Warren didn't shove the alarm clock off the table. Our kiss was still lingering in my mind when I woke up, and I was grateful that he carried me back from the roof.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, trying to wake myself up and get motivated for another day of training. I was just hoping that this time, Peter would be in a better state of mind.

I slipped out of bed and hurried to the bathroom to put on my training gear. I wasn't looking forward to facing Jean and Jubilee today, but I knew I would have to at some point. They would probably lecture me about being more careful during training, but I figured their lecture was bound to happen at some point. Sooner rather than later, I guess. 

My mind began drifting back to Warren. I had almost forgotten that we had finally told each other about our feelings. It seemed so impossible, like it was a dream.

I put my hair in a sleek ponytail and came out of the bathroom to find Warren already dressed.

"That was fast," I said, my eyebrows raised

"I'm just ready for another day of training," He responded, taking a step towards me

"Are-are you ok if we tell people, you know, about us?" I asked looking down at my hands.

Warren just shook his head and tilted my chin up so I would look at him. He then leaned in and kissed me. My eyes widened at first, but my surprise quickly vanished and I melted into the kiss.

Warren pulled away shortly and smirked at me "Does that answer your question?"

I quickly nodded, my eyes still wide. Warren seemed to always know the way to make me swoon over him. Meanwhile, I was acting like a scared puppy. Deep down, I was a little scared that I would get too clingy. After all, I had never done this before while he seemed to be an expert.

"As much as I'd love to kiss you all day, we'd better be going," He said, snapping me out of my thoughts

We then made our way out of the room, him following directly behind me. It was a short walk before we arrived at the training facility. This time, Peter was already there, waiting for us. He knew not to make the mistake of being late again. The members of the X-men were supposed to be the best of the best, setting a good example for the rest of the students at the X-mansion. At any time, Professor X could cut you if you weren't contributing in a positive way. I know for sure that was the last thing Peter wanted.

I truly took what Peter said to heart the previous day. I wanted things to go back to the way they were with him as well.

"Hey" I smiled and waved at Peter

He waved back and a big grin spread across his face. He quickly made his way over to where Warren and I were standing.

"Cassidy!" He greeted and engulfed me in a hug

"Woah!" I said as he gripped me a little to tight "You sure seem happy today"

"Woops, sorry," He apologized, taking a step back "I guess I'm just ready to prove myself today in training" He paused for a second, "We're still good, right?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck

"Of course we are," I reassured him, nodding eagerly

"Oh, and Warren," Peter said, taking a step towards him.

I held my breath as Warren clenched his fists. I was hoping that for once these two boys could get along without one of them trying to punch the other. Hopefully, Peter was just trying to make amends and not pick another fight.