Chapter 24

The two of us stayed in that position for a while, our foreheads pressed against each other, and Warren's arms wrapped around me. Neither of us wanted to let go, especially not after almost losing each other. Both Warren and I had been through a lot but it made us stronger. I was so happy that everything had worked out between us and I was never going to let anything come between him and I again.

A little gust of wind blew through my hair, causing me to shiver lightly. Warren pulled his forehead away from mine and chuckled a bit

"As much as I want to stay here with you forever, we should go inside before one of us gets sick"

I smiled and nodded, feeling the effects from my lack of sleep over the past two days. Warren stood up, offering his hand to me. I gladly took it and when I stood up he laced our fingers together.

As we left the roof and began walking towards our room, I felt content knowing that Warren would be next to me tonight. Whenever he was there, I always felt a certain sense of security knowing that as long as I had Warren, everything would be OK.

"What are you thinking about, angel?" Warren asked as we reached the door "You're offly quiet"

I smiled up at him and swiped my key card, "You"

"Me?" He smirked "All good things, I hope"

"Always" I replied giving him a kiss on the cheek

When we both walked into the room, the first thing I noticed was that Peter was sitting on my bed just staring at the roses Warren had brought earlier. I narrowed my eyes, wondering why he was still there. I thought I had made it pretty clear that I didn't want to be around him anymore. If he wanted to apologize, of course I would listen to him, but I didn't know if I'd be able to forgive him right away. He almost destroyed my relationship with Warren just because of his jealousy and that really hurt me. If he truly cared about me and my feelings, he would have just accepted that I was happy. I always thought that my friendship with Peter was more important than a silly crush, but clearly it wasn't...not to him, at least.

"I thought I told you to leave," I said, making Peter's attention turn towards me

"Please, Cassidy you mean everything to me-" He started but I quickly cut him off

"No, not anymore" I narrowed my eyes at him "Friends don't do what you did to me"

Peter's eyes began to water and he stood up from the bed, "Don't do this..."

"I wish things were different," I said, refusing to look him in the eye

Warren put a hand on my shoulder for reassurance. He knew that it was really hard for me to do that to Peter. But both of us also knew I didn't have a choice. I wasn't about to keep someone in my life who wouldn't let me be happy because of their jealousy.

Peter seemed to notice Warren standing behind me and his eyes hardened. Peter's hands balled up into a fist and his body stiffened, now completely focused on Warren.

"You're really going to choose him over me?" Peter asked

"Please, don't start this, not right now" I sighed

"NO!" He yelled, slamming the flowers down on the ground in a lightning-fast motion "After everything we've done together, 10 years of friendship just thrown away just because of him"

"It's not his fault, Peter, it's yours," I said, starting to get aggravated as well, "Your jealousy ruined our friendship. If you could have just been supportive that I found someone who loves me then things would have been different. But no, you couldn't stand seeing me happy without you. If all you're going to do is blame Warren, then you need to leave."