Chapter 15

Cassidy's P.O.V.

Jubilee dragged me to my room with Jean following behind us.

"Now, open the door," Jubilee demanded, trying to sound as stern as possible

I slid my room key through the door and all three of us walked in. Jubilee started rapidly going through my closet like a tornado, throwing clothes everywhere. Meanwhile Jean and I were trying to gather them up and organize them so that I could put them back in my closet neatly. However, it was no use as Jubilee continued to make a mess.

"Ughhhhhh" Jubilee groaned

"What?" I asked, annoyed that she had just thrown half my clothes on the floor

"You have nothing to wear that will impress Warren," Jubilee said disappointedly

Her comment made me feel a bit self-conscious. It made me wonder if what I had been wearing so far made me look unattractive. I really wanted my relationship with Warren to work out, and if he didn't see me as attractive then he would move on to another girl who was better looking than me.

Jean must have read my mind because she put a comforting hand on my shoulder

"She didn't mean it like that, Cassidy. She's just saying that maybe we should go shopping to buy you a great date outfit. " Jean said, trying to lift my spirits

I nodded, realizing that Jubilee hadn't meant to hurt my feelings. However, the thought of me not being enough for Warren still lingered in the back of my mind.

"Ok, why don't we all go back to our rooms and change. We can meet down in the commons later so we can go shopping," Jubilee suggested enthusiastically

We all nodded in agreement and I immediately started sorting through the clothes Jubilee had thrown on the floor. Meanwhile, Jubilee and Jean made their way out of my room to go get ready. Once I was finished putting everything back neatly in my closet, I looked for something cute to wear, trying to be mindful of the chilly winter weather.

I settled on a black sweater with some light wash ripped skinny jeans. I braided my hair to the side and put on some black combat boots. On the way out, I grabbed my small wallet and put $50 in it. That would surely be enough to get a new outfit.

I started heading down to the commons when I suddenly remembered  Warren. I had completely forgotten that I left him at the training center without a key to the room. He was probably with Scott, seeing as the two of them had become friends after I made them hang out together, but I still felt bad for leaving him. We had only been together one day and I was already screwing up. I was probably the worst girlfriend in the world.

When I got down to the commons I saw that Jean was already there which meant we were just waiting for Jubilee. I waved at her and she smiled and waved back.

"You ok?" She asked, seeing my worried expression

"Yeah" I sighed "I just kind of ditched Warren back at the training center to go with you two"

"Oh, don't worry about that." Jean said, smiling "I ran into Scott on the way to my room and he and the boys said they were going to take Warren shopping today, per request from Jubilee"

I giggled a bit. Jubilee was the romance expert. She had dated so many boys that she knew exactly how to plan the perfect date.

A few minutes later, Jubilee came down and we headed out to the shopping center a few minutes away from the X-Mansion. Once we arrived, we went into the first store Jubilee saw and began looking through the clothes.