22

"Please, tell me, do you still think we aren't the royal contrast?!" ~ Lee Eun-Byul

As Eun-Byul gradually meandered towards the hotel room, her eyes watered. She didn't want to leave Jimin. She didn't want to leave Busan. She didn't want to leave this life she was so familiar with it. But if it was for her mother, father, Ga-Young...She'd let her life settle on the line.

As soon as she entered the hotel room, tears scattered down her face. She felt stupefied, ashamed. Ashamed she could only do as she was instructed. To be blackmailed and to leave. It was the anguish she was given to protect what she adored the most. She packed her bags, and just as she was almost done, the boy who she writhed in love crashed the door open and in came him, sweating from his intense exercise.

"Eun-Byul!" He screamed out, making the girl widen her eyes. His stare found her's, and all he could do was hug her. "Baby, are you okay? Did she do anything harmful to you-"

"Let's break up, Jimin."

The words Jimin dared he'd never hear had split his heart open right then and there. While Eun-Byul, her heartbreaking as well, lies spreading in her slowly tearing her down. She was ready to make justifications, to make any sort of resistance, just to urge away from the lamenting biting at her.

"Eun-Byul, you can't be serious, I-"

"I'm sick of this. Sick of us. Hiding behind this... stone wall, away from everyone! Now, your mother knows!"

"She should be joyous that we're together, shouldn't she?! She found her rightful throne for the queen!"

"But I'm not happy, Jimin! Don't you see?!" Eun-Byul raised her voice louder than it ever could, her heart hammering in her throat. "This... it isn't right."

"What the hell do you mean!? You've always been so close to me and for me, it was the same for you. I can't bear myself to break apart from you, so why?!" He yelled back. "This is who we're made to be, Eun-Byul!"

"How, Jimin, how!?" She cried out. "We're so different from each other! Please, tell me, do you still think we aren't the royal contrast?!" Jimin was left speechless, something urging to come from his mouth... but nothing choked out.

"We're two different people who are just here because of a shallow bet. Everyone will see it, Jimin. How complex we are." She rustled, shaking her head. 

"Eun-Byul. Please, trust me. My mother won't do any harm, I-"

"Your royalty's truths and lies." She splutters back. "I hate it." 

She turned on her heels, but as she was about to exit, a hand found her waist and twirled her back around, lips crashing down on hers. Tears both ravaged their eyes, acknowledging it was their last. The way the two molded together, both hearts wrapped around the others' like a rope. It was inevitable that one day they'd split up, but not this soon.

As her arms hung around his neck and his arms fiddled with her waist, it was time to leave. Eun-Byul slowly pulled away, a sniffle covering the dense silence. Her arms left his body, numb as it drooped down by her sides. "I guess this is where our chapter ends, Jimin."

"Eun-Byul..." He cried softly, leaving her body.

"Goodbye."

And, she was out the door. Jimin beat against the wall, bawling. "I promise, Eun-Byul. I'll do whatever I can... to avenge us. I promise."

Eun-Byul observed as the others were behind the guards, all of them causing an uproar in the hotel lobby. All she could do was keep her head down, refusing all the vociferous calls for her.