33 - EPILOGUE

"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because
reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss Quote.

"Wow~" Areum coos at her mother's love story, her two eldest brothers rolling their eyes.

"Areum, it isn't that good-"

"Hush, boys." Eun-Byul snaps, her sons going silent in an instant. It's been years— a long fifteen years to be exact— but a lot has grown. "Areum, go put on your proper clothes, we'll go out to the garden."

"'Kay, mom!" The thirteen-year-old exclaims happily, heading to her room. Eun-Byul turns to the two sons, both fifteen (as they were fraternal twins), Daeshim and Dae-Hyun. "Mom were you a commoner back then-"

"Don't call the townspeople commoners, Daeshim. I taught you better!" She scolds, the boy frowning. "Sorry, mom." He says awkwardly. "But seriously, you weren't a royal, like father was?"

Eun-Byul shook her head, smiling softly. "I may be a queen now, but anything could happen, Daeshim." She sighs. "Your father triumphantly serenaded me, even if he was first a bad boy like you both were."

"Hey!" The brothers retort, their mother laughing. Jimin enters the room, his crown tilted sideways from all the work he's been doing. "Is your mother teasing you again?"

The three all laugh at the King's situation, Jimin the only one baffled by their actions. "What're you all laughing about?" Eun-Byul gets up, fixing the crown on his head. "Nothing, honey. How's the work going?"

"Tiring." He pouts. "Why aren't you helping me?" Eun-Byul just giggles, kissing his nose as he hugs her gently. Jimin gives a wink to the two fifteen-year-olds, who are still having a giggle-fit. "I'm going to take Areum out to the garden. You know, her and her love of those flowers."

"She gets that from you, my dear." Jimin kisses her cheek. "Where is she?" Eun-Byul beckons to the girl's room down the hall, Jimin pulling away. "I'll go get her then." Eun-Byul softly hums in agreement as he runs off, going to grab his daughter.

After three tries, yes, they got a daughter. Jimin was quite the happiest man, weeping when his wife was telling him to calm down. Areum was his prized possession, as well as Daeshim and Dae-Hyun. He treasured them all so much, making sure they didn't make the mistakes he did long ago. Everything was at an elegant peace, guests coming over every holiday or just to visit.

That's how open the kingdom of Busan became.

"I'll be back, boys. Don't make too much trouble." She warns, the two agreeing to her statement as she heads to their bedroom.

"Now, where is my coat..." She gazes around the room, checking under the bed before widening her eyes. "Oh? What's this..."

She pulls out the rolled paper, unfolding it. Once her eyes scan all the print, she's smiling in nostalgia. It was the royal contract. How did it withstand after so many years? She didn't know herself. She thought Jimin had destroyed it, ripped it to shreds; when the real copy was right here all along.

"There's my signature, oh my, I remember this so well." She utters, her heart aching with adoration and love. Jimin pops his head in to the bedroom, seeing her holding the contract. "Oh, I see you've found it." He states, running over and giving her a soft back-hug. She giggles in response, his lips peppering all over his wife's face.

"I can't believe you've kept it all these years. Why?" Eun-Byul asks, Jimin smirking gently. "Because what do you think? It was what started all our shenanigans, all our early morning and midnight chats. It started the butterflies that now still fly in me, and I'm sure in you too."

He spins her around, clasping the paper from her hands and putting it on the nightstand. "It's what made me realize you were right back at our piece of paradise; we are the royal contrast."

"That doesn't give many opportunities to continue, honey." She teases, the boy rolling his eyes. "Let me finish." He replies, Eun-Byul giving her husband a nod.

"When I gazed back, even knowing we are and were the royal contrast; two people who thought differently, from unlikely backgrounds, it was so... skeptical. Why did I still choose you?" He explains.

"Well, it was evident that the moment you set foot in this palace, you became my only home." He whispers, kissing her forehead. "That because we're two different people, we grew on each other. We love one another. I wouldn't want to have it any other way."

She hums in content, wrapping her arms around her husband. "You're right, my royal husband..."

She kisses him gently on the lips, before giggling,

"We are the royal contrast;"

"-And it's one hell of a story."

ROYAL CONTRAST. COMPLETED.
ENDED; 2020/01/29