28

"Why is everything against us?" - Park Jimin

Mrs. Park stood still, seeing her son and the doctor hold hands in front of her. She saw the glance hindering in their eyes, a twinkle that enclosed their love even deeper. It was a terrible fate enough that she had been so hypocritical, a smile finally risen on her face. It was hard, knowing that her son, who was once an heir to the throne (however now seated upon the throne), loved a commoner. Yet, she figured out why the boy chose Eun-Byul.

Because instead of physically beating someone, instead of losing, she'd rekindle a bond with them. Every single person Eun-Byul's encountered, they've liked her along the way. It was foolish for Mrs. Park to believe that the girl couldn't do such confident and strong actions. She was the epitome of strength itself.

And when Jimin finally said the sacred words, Mrs. Park knew it was time to move forth her hatred for that one lady.

"Mom, I love her."

Mrs. Park smiled softly, nodding. "Okay, Jimin."

"...Okay?" Jimin replied, his eyebrows furrowed. Mrs. Park chuckled, seeing the pair's furrowed eyebrows.

"It's time I stop restricting you," Mrs. Park laughed. "You're allowed to love her, to marry her." Eun-Byul's eyes widened in spirit, Jimin's jaw-dropping to the floor.

"Are you serious?!" Both exclaimed joyously, exchanging looks. Mrs. Park nodded, the two grinning wildly. In Mrs. Park's mind, she knew they were madly in love. Whether it was a disease, a fatal one, you obsessed over this one person, she realized if it was as such, it wouldn't stop them. 

Love was like a beautiful, jasmine-colored flower. The beauty was something to admire, but the way it grew had always been a hardship. Even worse, trying to get its beauty. It was a war, but it won. It always will. They are the people admiring the breathtaking, majestic piece of affection. 

As the two strolled hand in hand towards the other side of the palace, Mrs. Park felt arms wrap around her body. "You should be resting, Ji-Woon."

"And why, exactly?" He chuckled. "I'm still alive."

"You need to get better."

"Oh, hell, Hyo-Ri," Mr. Park sighed. "Thank you for letting him go."

"I'm not letting him go, I'm just-" She started, letting out a giggle. "Okay, I am. I know he's waiting for the day he gets to marry that wise woman."

"And it's also good to say our other sons are too." Mr. Park replied. "Your little plan with Ms. Ji-Hae didn't work out. She had always been a terrible girl, and Yoongi didn't fall for it."

"What'd she do?"

"Take a few things from the palace. The usual when you meet a royal family." Mr. Park chuckled, holding her close. "But that's not the problem. I think it's time to let your other sons socialize as well?"

Mrs. Park glances outside the window, seeing the other three sons in the courtyard. They're all in their simple clothing, playing basketball as they laugh inaudibly. 

"Let's take baby steps." Mrs. Park groaned. "I can't just do all of them at once, Ji-Woon!" Mr. Park kissed the lobe of his wife's ear, whispering:

"But you've already gone over your hardest obstacle: letting your little heir of the throne have his queen."

***

Jimin watched as the girl sat contently, reading her book. He groaned, sitting in the leather couch with sorrow. He wanted to kiss her badly. It was his insatiable habit.