25

"I'm saying, Jimin should be with her, through thick and thin!" - Min Yoongi

The next day, howling was heard outside the palace. The girl stirred up, rubbing her eyes to the sound of strikers. Eun-Byul widened her eyes, tumbling to the window in her coat as she pressed her nose against the cold glass.

"What the hell...?" She uttered, pushing the curtains closed. She hurried out of her room, seeing Namjoon coming down the hall. "Namjoon, what's going on?!"

"People found out about you and King Jimin's fake relationship." Namjoon hushed, her mouth gaping open. She knew it would come along; She never wondered why everyone would be so spun up about it, though. 

"Gosh, this is my fault..." She insinuated. "If only I didn't talk to Mrs. Park last night-"

"Hey, hey..." He started, embracing her as her eyes clasped closed. "It wasn't your fault, Eun-Byul. Anything can happen in a matter of time!"

"Namjoon!" Hoseok called out, sprinting towards the pair. "Everyone's in an outrage, what do you think we should do?"

Eun-Byul sighed heavily, her eyes meeting Hoseok's. "Let me chat with the people of Busan. I'll do my best to answer their questions."

"You can't!" The boys exclaimed, both of them sparing looks. "Listen, Eun-Byul, you'll get trampled. Even worse, killed!"

"What've I done wrong, other than a damned contract?" Eun-Byul asked, shaking her head. "I was once an icon living in this kingdom. They deserve answers."

"She's right." Someone intervened, the three gazing over at Yoongi and the King, Jimin. Jimin looked just as uneasy as eun-Byul was, but he knew what he's been taught. To serve a kingdom even in its darkest days. "Let her talk to them. If they loved her once, they'll love her twice."

Eun-Byul chuckled, shaking her head. "Whatever, you guys can be so cheesy sometimes..."

The four all let out a chuckle, watching as she turned away from the mini-crowd and walked down the steps of the palace. Jimin let out a breath he was unaware of holding, a tear running down his cheek. 

Eun-Byul exited the palace, seeing the people of Busan fenced, holding signs of vulgar language and betrayal. She walked down the stairs, silencing the screams the best she could. As she scanned the area, she could see Ga-Young, her mother, and her father in the back, frowning in worry. The girl smiled in response, taking a step on the now-appearing podium.

"I believe you all heard the news." Eun-Byul breathed, watching from the corner of her eyes as the Parks and Namjoon hid behind the pillars of the palace. "I'm here to answer all the question worthy of asking, as I will answer them as truthfully as I can. I ask for politeness, please."

Most of the outcries were now hushed whispers, pointing to the reporter at the front. "Yes, miss?"

"Is it true King Jimin and you had formed a fake relationship?" She asked, Eun-Byul hesitating as she lowered her eyes. 

"...Yes." She answered simply, chatter erupting once more.

Jimin observed her, tears running down his cheeks as Yoongi rolled his eyes at his younger brother, yet still concerned for the woman standing all alone.

"It hurts to see her all alone, standing free and anxious," Jimin whispered to his brother, as Yoongi scoffed.

"Who said she had to?" Yoongi said, the family looking towards him. He glimpsed back, before sighing annoyingly. "I'm saying, Jimin should be with her, through thick and thin!"