23

"It seems so... shallow... to still adore this girl who,
undoubtedly, left me three years ago." -Park Jimin

THREE YEARS LATER

THREE YEARS LATER.

Eun-Byul placed her hands in her white coat, the stethoscope placed gently around her neck. She gazed out the palace, seeing the kids of Gwacheon play happily. 

"Hey, Miss Sightseeing," Someone called out to her, the girl sighing playfully and spinning around.

"Nice to see you too, Namjoon." She replied, strolling over to him. "Where's King Seokjin? Still doing his royal checks around the kingdom?"

"You think I'm some kind of busybody?" Seokjin scoffed, coming around the corner. The best friends both snickered, watching as his crown was crooked upon his head.

A lot has changed over the years. Gwacheon had expanded, all thanks to their present king, Kim Seokjin. His father passed away a year ago, and Seokjin knew it was his turn to rule the land his father had created. Namjoon gave Eun-Byul the chance to become their royal doctor, which the medical student gladly agreed to. She was quite popular from all the stories the kids and the maids would tell about her, the kindness from her spreading around the kingdom swiftly.

Namjoon still had feelings for the independent girl, but knowing what she went through three years ago, he kept it a secret. He knew she was still scattered upon the events. Eun-Byul acquired a lot when she lived in Gwacheon, especially about the other kingdoms. Aside from being a doctor, she was brought along by the king to not only save royal commanders but to subside documents and royal decrees. 

"Of course not, King Seokjin." She bowed teasingly. "Where's the youngest?"

"He's out with the horses. You know, him and his obsession with being quite the prince." Namjoon chuckled, Eun-Byul raising an eyebrow in response.

Taehyung had gotten closer to the girl, both of them sharing a love for kindness in their kingdom. He had been there for her, especially after leaving Busan. All three Gwacheon princes hadn't gone to Busan since the paradise-troubles, and haven't talked to the princes since.

"Anyways, are you free tonight?" Seokjin asked, making Namjoon snap his head towards the king. 

"Hey!"

"What? We're celebrating!" He exclaimed. "All of the townspeople are coming! It's the sixtieth anniversary of the kingdom, stupid. I'm not asking her out."

"Whatever," Namjoon mumbled, grouchy. Eun-Byul just shook her head gently, snickering to herself.

"I'm afraid not," She said, shuffling her hair. "I'm going to visit... my family."

"In Busan?!" A voice called out frantically, the speeding youngest seizing her arm as he practically sprang on her. She nodded, shrugging.

"It's not like I'm going to see the king. I'm just visiting them for the night and then I'm coming back. Namjoon's coming with me, so I think I'll be just fine."