Chapter 2 | Keres Lucine

THIRD PERSON POV

"What is this place?" Imperia asked when she stands in front of a home. She waited for Miss Kingston to grab her things and lock the car door. After a heated debate between her volunteers, Miss Kingston finally made a decision to let Imperia stays with her until they find a way to keep this as a secret from the museum curator.

"This is my home. Why?" Imperia can't believe her ears when Miss Kingston went to the front door to unlock it. The vampire watches as the human opens the door for her to enter.

"I did read somewhere that vampires can't enter any home without a proper welcome. Normally I won't be so eager to let a stranger into my home, but what choice do I have?" Miss Kingston smiled. Imperia was reluctant, but she doesn't have any other choices. Miss Kingston is the only human she trusts, and even with all the wealth that was prepared for her, she can't simply do what she wants.

"I'm sorry for the mess. I haven't been home for a week because I need to get the exhibition ready on time for the opening." Miss Kingston closed the door behind her when Imperia strut in.

The vampire looks down at Miss Kingston when she reached out to the letters that are on the floor.

"Seem like I have a lot of things to do. Make yourself at home. If you need anything, just come and look for me," Miss Kingston smiled at the vampire and disappeared into her studies. Imperia look around the dirty home with troubling looks.

"I was never informed that humans like to live in their own filth. This home doesn't fit a royalty like me at all. But beggars can't be choosers after all." With a heavy heart, Imperia started to pick up any visible rubbish that scatters around the floor.

"I'm a queen, and I have to clean a despicable human's home just to make it liveable. Just how low have I become?" Imperia sigh heavily. Usually, she would be cleaning the whole house with a simple snap of her fingers, but from the lack of nutritious food for over a century, she is just like any normal human being ... with sharp fangs.

It was when she enters the bathroom where she finds it revolting to use and had lost hope for humanity. When Miss Kingston walks out from her studies, she noticed that her living room ... for once ... seems liveable. She wanders into the rooms looking for the vampire when finally she heard noises coming from the bathroom.

"Queen Imperia?" Miss Kingston eyes widen when she found the queen actually cleaning the toilet bowl.

"What is it human?" the vampire asked while making a scrunching face.

"What are you doing in there?!" Miss Kingston asked.

"Do you really expect me; a dignified queen used a dirty toilet? Of course, right now, I am not as dignified as I was 2500 years ago with my hand's elbow deep in your toilet bowl. Honestly, what happened in here?" Miss Kingston blushed in a deep shade of red.

"Like I said, I haven't been home for a week. I'm sorry. Let me do it." Imperia finally stood up from the floor and gave the toilet brush to Miss Kingston. As she cleans her hands under the water tap, she looks at Miss Kingston through the mirror.

"You were looking for me, is it not? What were you about to say earlier?" The vampire asked. Miss Kingston finally flushed the toilet and looks up to the vampire. Her eyes widen yet again when she saw the vampire's reflection on the mirror.

"How ... Why ... How is that even possible?" Miss Kingston stuttered. Imperia was confused for a moment until she noticed that Miss Kingston is actually staring at the mirror.

"Mirrors back in the day were layered with silver. And as you know, silver is poison for my kind. I guess mirror at this time of age wasn't layered with silver anymore." Imperia looks at her own reflection and smile. Miss Kingston was taken aback when she saw the vampire's sharp fangs.