Chapter 19| Road to be Queen

IMPERIA'S POV

"Are you scared of your father?" I asked the devil when she's been putting coat after coat of red lipstick on her lips.

"Of course I am. What you did wasn't in our agreement!" I place both hands on her shoulder as I stare into her orbs through the mirror.

"You don't need to be so afraid of your father. I have my own reason to acted the way I did. After seeing your father's guests for the gala, something occur in my mind. Why would I try to save a kingdom that's already dead when I can create a new one? With that in mind, I planned to make use of your father's power to get what I want." Lacrjmosa's eyes widen when she heard my thoughts.

"Are you out of your mind? There is no way you can convince my father to do your bidding. That's just impossible." Lacrimosa suddenly grabbed my hand before turning to face me.

"He won't let you go off that easily. He will try to kill you and your associates. Especially those humans we brought. He won't stay idle for long. It was a bad idea that I even brought you here. I will take full responsibility and bring you all home safe and sound." Lacrimosa needs to learn how to hear better. Didn't she heard what I just said?

"Lacrimosa! Listen to me. I'm going to have a chat with your father. That's final. It would be even better to do it before the gala starts. If I can convince him, he can convince his supporters to do the same and at the same time strengthen my position as queen." Lacrimosa shakes her head.

"You don't understand, Imperia. He won't listen to reason. He don't even listen to his own child. What makes you think he will listen to a mere stranger?" That is why being observance is one of the main thing as a leader.

"I saw his reaction when we first met. He seemed surprised to see me. Since my mother was sold to one of high ranking devils, he might know her. He might sees me as my mother. I can use that for my own gain." Lacrimosa still sees my plan as outrageous.

"And if things gets out of hand, I'll just use my power to control him. If I can control you, that means I can do the same thing to your father. I'm sure it will work. Just trust me. I had my fair share of dealing with creatures like your father before. I was a queen of Gotus after all."  She stood up and place her hands on her hip.

"What can I do to help?" She finally succumb to my crazy plan.

"All you need to do is protecting these humans. They're important assets to me and my museum." Lacrimosa finally nods her head.

"Where are you going? You don't mean now, right?" I smiled at the devil before walking towards the door.

"The sooner I meet your father, the better. Right?" I ignore her plea as I walk out from the room and close the door behind me.

"Where are you going, vermin?" I didn't even get to take a step away as this hideous creature suddenly appeared from the shadows.

"Were you spying on me?" The creature didn't respond.

"Where can I find your master?" Again, he didn't respond.

"The silent treatment of all thing? There must a reason why you're here. Tell me the reason why were you send here or else." I don't know what came over me when I decided to threatened a demon. But here I am.

"I was tortured mercilessly. Your little threat doesn't faze me." He is right. What will happen if I ignore him and just went to my merry way?

As I was about to take a step forward, he did the same. I stopped before he touches my hand. I sigh heavily.

"What do you want the most in your miserable life, creature?" I asked suddenly when he was ready to strike. My questions caught him by surprise.

"I am happy where I am." I doubt it. Maybe I should offer him something in return if he decided to work for me.