Chapter 10 | Mr Odin's Stash

EVANGELINE'S POV

"This is a surprise," Evangeline smiled when her father finally has some time to see her after waiting for a few hours.

"You never come visit me in the office before. There is only possible answer for your visit today. You have something bothering your mind. Am I right?" I really can't hide anything from my father.

After my mother died, he really stepped up as the father and the mother altogether. He learn how to cook, and at one time he even asked one of his female secretary how to talk to me about female stuff because he doesn't want me to be, in his words, 'lost'.

I still remember how awkward he was when I got my period. I have to tell him that we learned all of this in as we grow up. Since I spend most of my time at Daphne's when he's travelling, I was informed about everything.

"Actually, yea. If you're not busy." I smiled. My father take a seat on his chair behind the table and gave me all of his attention.

"I actually found something that I really wanted to do as a career option. I know that you told me about working here after graduation but, I think I found something that I wanted to do with my degree." My father seems out of words.

"But I thought we agreed that you work here after graduation. And what did you found?" How do I explained to my father? I can't tell him about the vampires and how I am bound to be in their service.

"I made a decision to continue doing mommy's work at the museum. There is so much mystery that haven't been solve and I want to be the person who solve it. I know that that is what mommy wants." My father didn't say anything after hearing my reason.

"Fine. I know it's futile to even try changing your mind once you've set on it. If this is what you wish to do, so it be. Make me proud." He smiled but it didn't reach to his eyes. I know he's disappointed in my decision but I have no choice.

"Did you had lunch?" My father asked to changed the subject. I shake my head.

"Perfect. There is a new restaurant in town that I really want to try." I guess that should be okay. I mean, it's been ages since we had lunch together. I've been so busy with my thesis that I neglecting him.

I used to called him everyday when I first started university.

When we arrived at the restaurant, I was surprised to see Imperia together with Keres having a conversation with a man whom I never met before.

We made eye contact but she pretended not to know me as I walk past their table and was placed at the table next to them by the waiter. Just my luck.

"Is it just me or they seems familiar?" My father said low enough just for me to hear. I hushed him before looking through the menu.

"That is one agreement I cannot accept. I don't see why I should agree to this in the first place. You don't even have any successful establishment and yet you for so much from me? Is this how you do business?" He shouldn't say things like that to them. It won't end well, that's for sure.

"We're here not to ask for your permission or agreement. We're here to tell you that you will be losing your business to us if you don't do what we asked you to do." I almost choke on my water when I heard the way Imperia talk to this guy.

"Are you okay?" My father asked.

"Are you threatening me right now? Do you have any idea who you are talking to? You will have no future in this town if you decided to threatened me like that!" I noticed how Keres's eyes twitch when this man speak rudely to Imperia.

"Yes, I am threatening you, human." It didn't take long for the man to follow whatever Imperia asked him to do with a snap of her fingers.

When it seems like they're done with their discussion, Keres decided to give me smiled and waved at me.