Chapter 11 | The Devil's Den

IMPERIA'S POV

"Imperia! It's been ... so long since we last met. How are you?" I look at my half-brother with nothing but hatred. It didn't show in my expression but he knows I'm not fond of him.

"I'm not even surprise that you manage to find me, Baracus. Who give you permission to enter my property?" He pointed at Caleb whom standing behind Hotep at the moment, trying to covering himself from my wrath.

"We have a lot to talk about, Caleb." Caleb apologised but he still hiding himself behind Hotep who seems to find it entertaining.

"Don't blame the livestock for your own mistake, sister. So, will you ever let me enter your home or should we just talk at the barren garden? I must say, this is not the house I had imagine you would be living in. You used to be so ... fancy and classy." He seems disgusted.

It took a lot not to kill him right here, right now. I still need the location where he had placed my mother at. I'm sure he knows what happened at the laboratory. He's here to warn me.

"It's not my style to invite vermin into my home. We can talk in the garden." Baracus tried to covered his anger with a smile. I invited him to the garden and as we walk, he seems to be on edge for some reason.

Hmm ... I see why now.

"If you're trying to tell your servant to kill me, my brides won't hesitate to execute any threat against me. They're everywhere and no where. You should know that my brides are elite soldier who will do anything that I instructed them to do." Baracus raised his hand immediately.

"Good. Now tell me, why are you here." I invited him to sit on the stone bench overlooking the beautiful scenery. I guess with a little touching up, this garden will be divine.

"How did you manage to be alive again?" He asked.

"With a little help from my new servants." There is no need for him to know every bits and pieces of my journey from the moment I rise from the sarcophagus until now.

"What are you planning to do now that you're alive again?" That is a good question. I guess he has grown that much.

"To get back what rightfully mine. And I mean it in he nicest way, brother." He seems taken aback from my smile. I never failed to make him on edge, that's for sure. Baracus may seems like a tough young lad but when it comes to me, he has no strength whatsoever.

"How do you intend to do that? Gotus is no more, Imperia. There is no trace of our old kingdom and you know that." That is where he's wrong. For someone who hasn't been imprison in a sarcophagus for centuries, he's a clueless man.

"That's what makes me difference from you, brother. I didn't rush into things and I didn't make silly decision over a glass of fresh blood like you do. I have my own way of dealing with things and everything I do, I find a way to make it a success." Baracus chuckled.

"Say what you want but like I said, Gotus is no more. I make sure of it myself. You will never find anything from the old kingdom. You have no kingdom to rule, former queen Imperia Luna." Former queen?

"As I recalled, I never stepped down from the throne, officially. That makes me still the ruler of Gotus. You just someone who fit to rule in my absent. Baracus, please stop acting like our father did many years ago. His teaching is nothing but piles of rubbish. You will never achieved anything if you keep your mind in the gutter." Baracus stands up from the bench and stands beside me.

"You don't have power over the vampires, Imperia. I am. You don't have the sceptre, I do. Don't parade if you don't have anything to show. Baracus warned me.