Chapter 26 | Leaders

THIRD PERSON POV

"This is certainly has been the most productive day I have. Who might you all be?" Imperia walks into the lounge room where several vampires gather. The queen was impressed by the power they all hold as they all greet her.

"We're ... the leaders of every vampire clan that existed. We have come to hear with our own two ears about your real agenda. We've heard about your exploitation in the underworld. We just want to make sure that you're not an enemy to our clan, to our society." Imperia takes a seat across everyone before crossing her legs.

"Well, I don't want to be a rude host. Sit down." The leaders are doesn't like how Imperia has been treating them. Without the need to see what is happening outside, they know that the host is one formidable opponent. It won't do them any good if they decided to create chaos in her territory.

"I sense that you have a few demons scouting around your land." Imperia smiled at the male vampire who acts as the representative.

"I just have a few of them in my disposal. They're crucial when it comes to protecting me and my family from harm. And about the rest why you're here, I am simply establishing my influence throughout the human world. I'm sure you all did the same." The leaders looked at each other.

"I can't say we didn't. But have you made contact with the hunters? Because we've seen a few of their spies scouting just outside your land." Imperia raised an eyebrow.

"Hunters exist in this modern time? That's odd." The representative smiled.

"Well, from what I've experienced, they have an advance weapon now that could obliterate a vampire with just one shot. I suggest that we joining forces." Imperia tap nails on the armchair.

"Is that the reason you waltz into my territory? Does your society want to establish a connection with my land? Do you even know who I am?" The leaders shake their head. They tried to find out who and why is there a sudden change in parts of their ruling territory. They even sent a few scouts to see what's going on but none of them came back.

"And you called yourself the leaders? Do you have any idea what it takes to lead?" Imperia was fairly disappointed at how the leaders see themselves.

"Just because humans scare of you, that doesn't mean you're a good leader." As Imperia shakes her head, a strong build creature suddenly stood in front of her.

"We're not here to fight, vampire. We're here to make sure that you will stay within your territory and never create an unnecessary war between us. We've been living in peace for a century. Your presence only attracts revolters." The representative from earlier grabbed the creature by the shoulder and forced him to bow in front of the host.

"Even I know not to invoke the creature. I know your best scouts were killed but do not act like a child." Imperia watches them thoroughly.

"What I believe in is peace. I encourage my people to embrace themselves and think of who they want to be. What kind of creature they want to be. I never force them to do my bidding. I will only use my power when I have to." Imperia stood up and face the leaders.

"Tell me a few good reasons why it's crucial to have your supports. It's not just about the hunters, isn't it?" The representative sighs.

"I'm sorry if I'm being blunt about things but ... vampires have lost their stronghold in the human world. We were betrayed by our kind. His name is Baracus and he will do anything in his power to be the only vampire that holds power. As of yesterday, he met the high supreme elders of creatures to discuss your rising in power. That's why we thought, you might want some help." Imperia's interest risen when she heard the leaders mentioned about the elders.