Chapter 12 | Twelve Dancing Princesses

EVANGELINE'S POV

"I really appreciate it that we're celebrating thanksgiving together, Evangeline. Normally I would just indulge myself in my work. But when I received a call from you, I decided to push my meetings for tomorrow instead." My father smiled at me.

Just looking at that smile of his making me feel guilty. I can't even asked him where did he put Imperia's golden chest.

"And it's actually a good thing that you're here. I did some research on how to survive whenever those vampires ever see you as food and not servants. I can't be so sure that they will always sees you and the rest as humans. Whether we like it or not, they are still monsters who prey on humans like us." My father ushered me to follow him towards his study.

Maybe that's where he kept his most prized possession? I hope so. I prayed that I don't have to step my foot down the dark basement of the house. The last time I went down there, something scarred me for life.

"From what I had gathered from Daphne, they called themselves as pureblood, correct?" I nod as I took a seat on my father's chair and watched him go through his books on the shelves. When he finally found what he's looking for, he went to show me what he had found.

"I was told that Imperia mentioned about her kind can't be killed? That's preposterous. Every creatures has its own way to be killed and pure bloods are the same." He shows me a paragraph that was written on the book.

"Filled them with silver liquid and it should do the trick." I read out loud. What is this? Why is he smiling like a lunatic when I look up to him?

"Are you telling me to kill them? Daddy, before I even think about it, they know what I'm planning. Beside, silver doesn't kill them. It just weakens them to the point they couldn't even move. Once the silver dissipate than they can slowly regain their strength back." I explained.

This book is full of bull. Half of the things stated in here is a lie.

"Are you saying that this book is nothing but bull?" I shrugged my shoulder. I didn't say that, he did.

"I went through so much just to borrow this from an occult museum that belongs to my friend. I guess it would mean something if my own daughter said it's full of bull and not facts. And he has the audacity to claimed everything stated in the book is real! I am disappointed." My father sigh.

"I didn't say that. I'm just saying that the facts about Imperia's kind is usually being assume. For example, vampires aren't afraid of garlic like we believe they are. They just hate the smell of it. Another example would be artefacts that symbolic with religion. I was told that it may harm them but it won't kill them. To really kill a vampire such as Imperia's calibre, we need to find some sort of weapon that was made by her own bloodline or something. I can't remember." My father was taking notes with his mind.

"Bloodline huh," he smiled. My father went back to the shelves and kept the book at its place. I look around his study to look for the golden chest.

"Daddy, where did you keep all of your prized possession? The artefacts that you managed to illegally bringing home I mean." My father chuckles as he pour himself a small glass of vodka from the decanter.

"The basement of course. I thought you hated the basement. Why the sudden curiosity?" He is truly clueless.

"I thought perhaps you have something that would help me to complete my thesis. I thought since I get a week off from school, I want to finally complete my work once and for all." My father takes a seat on a chair in front of me.

"Maybe. Do you know what you're searching for?" I nod.

"The twelve dancing princesses." My father raised an eyebrow.