Chapter 20 | Courtesan

THIRD PERSON POV

Both Keres and Hotep feels uncomfortable as they march into the demon lord's mansion. It doesn't help when the demon lord's guests tend to give them the eye as they walk through the hallways.

"Why are we summoned here again?" Hotep asked.

"Because Imperia wants us to be here. For some reason leaving Miss Kensington and Miss Waters to handle the museum in our place was a bad idea." Keres beginning to feel worried about leaving her duty in the hands of the two adult human.

"I think they can handle it. Imperia needs us and either we follow her orders or she will send us to the pits of darkness herself." Hotep cringe as she remembered about the pit. If possible, she doesn't wish to return to the pit ever again.

"Welcome ladies, I assume you're princess Keres and princess Hotep, advisors of Queen Imperia?" The vampires were surprised to see a handsome man referring to Imperia as Queen.

"My name is Cyrus." The demon servant proceed to shows the vampires his new slave brand.

"I am queen Imperia's servant. In other words, your wish is my command, princesses." Keres raised an eyebrow.

"How did that happened? Imperia does work in a mysterious way when she's alone." Cyrus smiled from ear to ear.

"Please follow me. The queen told me to lead you two to where she is." Cyrus bows before leading the vampires through the maze like hallways.

"This is truly a magnificent mansion. He is a demon lord after all." Cyrus opens the door to reveal Imperia, Lacrimosa and the humans all sitting on a round table.

"What's the meaning of this? Why are we here?" Keres asked immediately when she saw Imperia smiling at her.

"We're going to strategise ways to kill several high ranking devils for the sake of our very own gain. Lacrimosa has agreed to grant my wish if we manage to kill his enemies." Both Keres and Hotep were speechless.

"Am I going crazy or the queen just said she's going to kill high ranking devils?" She asked Hotep who stood beside her.

"I guess we are because that's what I heard as well." Imperia laughs.

"I'm not joking, guys. We're going to kill high ranking devils." Imperia stayed in matter of fact tone. The vampires were surprised to how bold the queen's being.

"Have you lost your mind? There's no way we can do that. Not in their own domain." The vampires immediately turns to face the devil who is among them.

"Is this your idea? To bring Imperia to her own death?" Lacrimosa shakes her head no.

"Believe it or not, this time Imperia herself wishes for her own death. I did tried to warned her but she wouldn't listen to reason." Keres pinch the bridge of her nose while Hotep shakes her head.

"This is a suicidal mission. We will not letting you to be so careless ever again. Don't you remembered how terrible it was for you to endure that huge gush on your back just to protect that siren?! Where is she now? Did she ever say thank you?" Keres tried to change the queen's decision but she of all people know that it's futile.

"It won't take long. They will be attending the demon lord's gala tonight. There's 3 of them if you include Lacrimosa's fiancé." Keres raised an eyebrow.

"Your fiancé? Can't you kill him yourself? For Hell sake, do your own killing!" Keres was ready to brawl when Imperia stood up from her seat.

"Take a seat and you should listen to my reason for agreeing to this 'suicidal mission'." It wasn't an invite, it was a command. Keres and Hotep rolled their eyes as they did what the queen asked them to.