Chapter 21 | Connections & Dissapearance

LACRIMOSA'S POV

"Lacrimosa! I need your attention." Imperia literally just clapped her hands in front of my face.

"I'm sorry. What did you just said?" Imperia wasn't having it while she place her small knife hidden under her dress shirt before putting on her coat.

"What's wrong? You've been acting strange since you came back after meeting Keres and Hotep. Did they said something hurtful? I thought you couldn't careless about them." I shake my head no while wiping the little smudge of lipstick from my lips.

"It's nothing. I'm just nervous. My father's guests will blame me for what happen tonight and I'm just getting myself ready for whatever possibility that might occur." I can see that Imperia wasn't buying it. She was just being an understanding creature for not asking me further.

"I heard what you talk about with Keres and Hotep." My eyes widen when I heard that.

"What do you mean? We didn't talk about anything. I just gave them the necklace and you suddenly bathed into the room. That's all." I laugh it off but the situation was awkward for me.

"You don't have to play dumb. I heard what you said and I'm sorry for not be able to returning those feelings back. I am incapable of feeling any sense of love romantically. I tried, believe me I did. But I see everyone as equal. I can see someone's value to me and to others but I don't see them more than that." This awkwardness is beyond repair.

"You should forget about your feelings towards me and find someone who can return them to you. I am a self absorb vampire who only thinks about herself. I am no worthy to have the privilege of having your love." I stood up from my seat and wen to the door.

"What are you talking about? Why would I even fall in love with someone as selfish as you to begin with? Enough with this useless chattering. We have missions to complete." I walked out from the door without ever looking back. Why is it every time I found someone whom I truly interested in, they always turn me down?

That's basically a indirect rejection I just gone through!

"Why is there always the need to include pole dancer? Your father has some serious issues." Imperia commented my father's choice for entertainment for the gala.

"My father likes to see half naked woman dancing around him. They're more than just being sensual. They helped my father to gained more allies. They're all my father's mistresses which my mother take care off. If they manage to make my father happy, everyone in the household is happy. Is common thing here in every demon's domain." Imperia pretend to clapped.

"Well, they're attracting more attention to themselves. Using beautiful woman for your own gain. Why didn't I think of that thousands of years ago?" She actually praising my father? Who is she even?

"But with all these beautiful ladies, even my father acknowledged your mother's beauty. Now that's behind compare. Your sisters possessed her beauty. I'm sorry but you look a lot like Gisha, your father." She actually sighed.

"I cursed the day I was born. Anyway, who is that woman walking towards us?" Huh? Oh!

"Lacrimosa! It's good to see you well and ... who is this creature? What is a vampire doing here? And humans? Wow!" She was about to touch Caleb's arms when her eyes landed on the necklace he's wearing.

"What a evil thing you did, Lacrimosa. I thought you brought these abomination for us to feed on. What is the meaning of all of this? Are you teasing us with food? That's not nice." I just remembered why I hate this woman. For her to wear such crown on her head, what a disgrace to my kind.