Chapter 15 | Gala

IMPERIA'S POV

"Lady Lacrimosa, it's nice to finally see you in formal occasion. You usually decline every single invitation when it comes to socialising with your allies. What changed your mind?" A man who I assumed the host greeted us when we arrived at the ballroom.

"Let's just say I'm looking forward to what I have to gained from coming here tonight." They laughs at nothing in particular. This kind of interaction is what I like to call as talking nonsense just to get by.

"Say, my lord. Did Flavius arrived yet?" The demon lord of pride looks around before shaking his head.

"I can't say for sure. But he haven't greet me yet so I take that as a no." Lacrimosa thanked the man before dragging me across the ballroom towards the refreshment table.

"You seems giddy. Was that one of your many suitors?" Lacrimosa picks up a plate before picking her food.

"No. My father is the demon lord of greed. As I was growing up, they often host something something like this at my house as well. Back then, I have no choice but to be next to my father and brother. I'm not really a sociable devil. I hate interaction. They have nothing else to say except marrying their son to me." I watched as she still picking her food.

"Here, hold this while I get something to drink. Don't worry, they don't serve bad blood." And just like that I become a vampire who holds the devil's plate of food.

It didn't take long for these devils to know that I'm not one of them. As far as I can tell, they're really judging Lacrimosa for bringing me but that woman simply doesn't care.

"Here. I took the liberty to add a few ice cube. It should taste better since the ice supposed to enhance the taste. After all, it was taken from the ninth circle of the underworld." She wasn't kidding. It did enhanced the taste.

"Flavius my boy! I'm glad you could make it." We both turn to the host when he heard the person we're looking for. I was frozen in my place when I saw the creature he's with, no pun intended.

"She look amazing as always. You know, your mother became a sensation when the devil's first laid their eyes on her. Her beauty is beyond compare and not even the most beautiful devil can match with her. She is truly a magnificent looking vampire." She is.

My mother looks around the ballroom until her eyes landed on me. She seems contemplating whether I am actually real or not. Without heeding Lacrimosa's warning, I ran ... yes ... I ran towards my mother and embrace the woman who gave birth to me.

"Imperia ... ?" she finally return the gesture.

"Mom ... I finally found you," I'm pretty sure that my action is being questions by the creatures around us but I didn't care.

"Lacrimosa ... What is the meaning of this?" The devil my mother came with questioning the mistress.

"Is this what you mean when you said you have something to gain, Lacrimosa?" Now even the host is weirded out. I decided to pulled away from hugging my mother but I keep her close to me.

"Flavius, meet Imperia Luna, Mila's first born." Everyone gasped upon hearing my name and they should be. I hope my reputation exceeds me.

"Impossible. I thought you told me that she's dead! You're dead!" My mother tightened her grip on my waist.

"That's impossible since I'm standing right here." Flavius was about to grabbed my mother's hand when I grabbed his instead.

"Don't touch my mother without my consent. You've done unforgivable crime against the royal family of Luna. Yes I am a queen without a kingdom to rule but my blood is enough to determine my status." Flavius spat my hand away before straightening himself.