Chapter 13 | Lacrimosa

IMPERIA'S POV

"I thought that we have an appointment tonight. Why are we meeting each other in the morning as well?" I asked as she drives me somewhere.

"Because I assume you have nothing decent to wear. You vampires always wore something so old looking that it's always giving me such a bad image. Beside I need to buy a new dress myself. You really think I will be caught wearing the same dress as I go out? Think again." I have concluded that this devil has completely blend in with the humans.

"Why does my wardrobe has to do with anything? A mistress such as yourself shouldn't be worrying about my clothes." I was mocking her. Instead of getting annoyed, she laughs at me.

"Are you planning on calling me as mistress? Don't you want to know my name?" I scoffed.

"If a vampire knows your name, I can use that information alone to control you. Are you sure you want to give me your name? I'm a rational creature. I only do honest business and only use my power if the situations force me to." The devil doesn't seemed to believe me when I said that.

"You're basically trolling me right now. There is no way a vampire such as your calibre would be thinking rationally. I've been alive for such a long time and I have never met a vampire who would like to talk first than brawl. They often choose to show their physical strength rather than using their brain. For example, your brother. His greediness exceed everything when it comes to money, even when it comes to losing ruling right of his own kingdom." That pisses me off every time I hear it.

"You don't have to remind me every single time. To let my people be ruled by your kind is embarrassing enough. My father should be proud now, wherever he is." The devil parked her car at the side of the road in front of a posh looking boutique.

"Are you curious to where your parents are now? I should know because I was the one who suggested the place." Oh really now?

"In what form of prize do you seek from me if I wanted an information of my mother's whereabout?" I asked while she grabbing her handbag.

"It's free if you want to meet your father. But for your mother, I seek no money. I mean, look around you, I'm rich!" Why would I want to see my father after what he's done to me?

"I don't want to see my father. I only wish to save my mother. Where is she?" The devil chuckles before she got out from the car. I followed suit.

"At the next full moon, which is 5 days from now, a gala will be held at the demon lord of pride domain. I'm sure your mother and her new partner will be there since they are close friends. All you have to do to pay me back for that information is to be my date for that gala. If I may add, if you're not a devil, you can't simply enter a demon lord's gala without a devil escort. I will gladly escort you to see your mother." Is this one of her many tricks again?

I feel like I'm being used! But what choice do I have? Nothing. If that's what I have to do to get my mother back, so it shall be.

"Fine." She smiled from ear to after hearing my response.

"Seems like I'll be buying two new dresses today." She gleefully walks into the store as I followed her from behind. What a pathetic queen I am. Letting a devil like her bossing me around like so. I blamed Baracus for this. Spouting nonsense saying that this woman is one for I can't defeat. That claimed shouldn't even bother me.

Maybe she's the type of devil who gets everything that she ever wishes for but when it comes to combat wise, she's nothing. Of course it is all just assumption but normally I'm never wrong. Devils tend to indulge themselves in human's pleasure than vampires.