Chapter 31 | A New Beginning (END)

THIRD PERSON POV

"It's even lower than it should be. That transfusion took a lot from you. You should know better than to forced yourself to do something so idiotic like saving Saturio's life. You could just let Lacrimosa be the middle person while you guide her. Why did you let your guard down like that?" Keres sighed after knowing that Imperia's power level is lower than normal.

Keres know that if it gets any lower than this, Imperia could lost her life due to exhaustion. Feeding the twelve princesses is one thing, but to be the one to performed such tedious procedure such as blood transfusion between a human and a demon, that's another story.

"I did what I did so that everyone can be save. If I let Lacrimosa be the middle person, the transfusion might fail and both Evangeline and Saturio could die. You are well aware that I'm the only one capable doing that. It's my spell after all." Imperia placed a hand on her left chest when she felt a sudden pain.

"Imperia, you have to understand that you haven't fully recovered from the injuries your father gave you. That man killed you from the inside out. He liquify your inside into soup! Do you want me to continue?" Imperia shakes her head no with a smile.

"I'm fine, Keres. Just please, stop lecturing me. Did you find out how did those rogue hunters managed to get into my land?" Keres nodded her head.

"I did and I already briefed Lacrimosa about it. This whole mess even happened because of her guards. Apparently, they let anyone in if they paid their way inside. These hunters however, aren't related to the church but a vigilante group of assassin that specialised in killing creatures." Imperia sighed heavily.

"Just how desperate these humans can be? And here I thought once we entered a new era of world revolution, there won't be any issues about living in diversity. I believed that humans and creatures could co-exists. Was that all just a dream after all?" Imperia pinched the bridge of her nose.

It wasn't until Hotep entered her room that she looked up.

"Now what?" Hotep was contemplating whether this is a good time to tell the queen about what's going on outside.

"Mr Odin came to visit Evangeline when we informed him about her state. But when Evangeline woke up from her sleep, Mr Odin went mad when her daughter is not herself anymore." Hotep tried to explained.

"Just tell him that Evangeline was the one who want to save Saturio from the brink of death. It wasn't any of their fault. I even explained to her about the possibility that she would be turned half demon, half human. She accepted that possibility as long as Saturio is save." Imperia explained her side of story.

"I did told him that but he still blamed you for letting this happened. I'm here just to let you know that he's on his way here. Lacrimosa is trying to coax him to let you rest but he won't listen." Imperia's attention were then towards her door when Mr Odin barged into Imperia's room followed by Lacrimosa.

"How dare you! What was on your mind when you turned my daughter into a demon?! I gave her the freedom to work with such inferior creature like you but is this how you repay my kindness?! What has gotten into that empty head of yours?!" Imperia raised her hand when both Keres and Hotep were about to attack Mr Odin for being rude to their queen.

"It wasn't my decision to turned her. Evangeline told me to do whatever it takes to save Saturio, Lacrimosa's brother. It was her own decision to turned herself into a demon. She knew the possibility and she didn't care. Mr Odin, your daughter has made a choice." Mr Odin was not happy.

"Saturio was there to protect your daughter. He even got himself injured. Please, stop making a scene here, Mr Odin." Keres voices out.

"Please mr Odin. My brother is in love. He'll never asked for Evangeline to sacrificed her life for him. But at that situation, the only person who could save him was his significant other. I'm sure you're well aware of my kind's way of finding heir one true love. My brother has found his. And I'm sure Evangeline did what she did because she felt something too." Lacrimosa tried to reason.