Chapter 24 | Exciting Lunch

EVANGELINE'S POV

I was working on in deciphering symbols on a scarab when Hotep barged into the warehouse. Her action almost caused Miss Waters to drop an important piece of artefact.

"Lady Hotep, please don't do that." Miss Waters sigh in relief as she placed the pottery carefully on the table.

"This is one remarkable piece of ancient history. I wonder what it was used for. At first glance, I thought it was use to store winery but it looks so different than the rest. Lady Hotep, any idea?" Hotep looks up to Miss Waters.

"To store rice grain. The owner was kind enough to stated the use of the pottery. Look at this hieroglyph." She pointed the words out. Even Miss Waters didn't see that.

"Lady Hotep, how was it living as an Egyptian royalty back in the day? I bet you do all sort of things like you did now." Daphne asked while she's working on a piece of artefacts.

"To put it plainly, it's all work and no play. My father was the king so he was seen as the god that protects his people and kingdom. And as the daughter of a king, you have no obligation to do anything you wish. But, I didn't care. My father's words are nothing to me and I live by my own rules. Of course the elders sees that as a threat." In other way she is rebellion against traditional teaching.

"Even as the first born, I have no right to the throne. My brother does. So he was raised to be a great king and the elders wanted me to marry him just to keep the blood of a royal stay within the family." She was force to be in a incestuous relationship?

"Since my words have no power against the will of the king and the elders, I decided to bare my hopes to black magic. And let me tell you something, when they say black magic was bad, they weren't kidding. I almost lost my life but Imperia save me. Of course I went rogue and wipe out every single bloodline I have including the elders who force me to do things that I hate." If I remember correctly, Imperia changed her into a vampire.

"Why did the queen transform you into a vampire?" I asked.

"To be honest, I don't know." We were all surprised to see Saturio carrying a huge crate alone as he walks into the warehouse.

"Saturio, you could just asked for the servant help you know." He smiled at Lady Hotep before placing the crate down.

"This is a few items from Lacrimosa's collection for the occult section. Hello there Miss Evangeline." I waved back at Saturio.

"I can help you with the crate." Caleb suddenly appeared out of nowhere behind me.

"Caleb?! Where were you? How did you get here so fast?" He just smiled at me.

"Are you sure you can carry the crate with me?" Saturio seems genuinely worried but Caleb sees that as a challenge instead.

"Of course I can! Let's get the other crate." Saturio nod before bowing his head in front of us.

"I don't know if anyone else notice that but Caleb is marking his territory." Daphne pointed out. Marking his territory? What is he? A dog?

"Hmm ... I'm afraid she is right. With another stud coming into his territory, he needs to step up his game. That demon is devilishly handsome. Even I was this close to melt into his arm." Lady Hotep face me with a sly smirk.

"You are one in demand woman, Evangeline. How did you do it?" I'm not sure if she's joking or being serious.

"Oh come on! Don't play dumb. You see how those two trying to get your attention. So, which lucky man will you choose?" What is going on?

"I don't think I'm ready to get myself into a serious relationship now. I have to graduate and make my family proud. Getting into a relationship will only make it difficult." Daphne and Lady Hotep look at each other.