Chapter 27 | Hunters

IMPERIA'S POV

"Baracus, what exactly are you planning this time? I heard that you met a group of supreme leaders and even made a pact with hunters while I was busy." He pour himself a cup of hot blood before putting a few cubes of sugar in.

"What are you trying to say here, sister? That I'm planning something to harm you again? Why would I do that? We haven't met for so long. There is no fun in doing that anymore." I find it amusing that he almost burn his own tongue while drinking. I can't believe this is the same creature who sold his own kingdom for money.

"What I'm trying to say here is, whatever you're trying to do to dethrone me from my title, it won't work. Not anymore." He looks up with a sly smirk across his face.

"Is that a threat?"

"Yes. It is. Baracus, this time, if you decided to be a rock in front of my path, I won't hesitate to remove you from the picture. I don't care if you're my half brother. You have done nothing but disgracing the Luna name. Don't make me go full on force on you." Baracus places his cup on the coffee table.

"And what if I let you use force to stop me from having all of this ... all of them?" He winks at Lacrimosa and Hotep.

"You have no idea what I'm capable of, Baracus. If I let myself loose, I can kill you easily even with this distance we have. This is your last warning, brother. If you ever touch .. a single hair of my advisors ... of my creatures, you'll regret ever being born. And I mean it in the nicest way." He gulped down the lumps in his throat before leaving my home.

"Why didn't you finish him off when you have the chance? That was stupid and you know it." Hotep was curious.

"Because he's still family. And family don't kill each other." They were surprised to hear me saying that.

"They willing to killed you off! And you still calls him family?! What on earth have you been eating?" Lacrimosa was not having it.

"I have forgiven him for what he did in the past. There is no need for me to remembering what had happened anymore. I am here and alive." They were clearly not happy. But it's my choice and I know what I'm doing.

"Where is Keres? I haven't seen her since this morning." Hotep explained to me that Keres has something to do and she's been in the dungeon for quite some time. I was about to say something when Hotep suddenly turned her attention towards the open window.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I heard ... a scream. It was faint but ... I know I heard it." I went to the window and asked everyone to keep their voice down. It didn't take long for me to hear someone screaming as well.

What was that? Did Baracus did something while he's on his way home? Did the scream belongs to his victim? Should I even care? I'm going to regret this but ...

"Lacrimosa, find out what's going on. Hotep, alert Keres of this." They both nods and did as told. As much as I want to participate in the hunt, I am not strong enough for extreme activity. The twelve princesses needs their source of power and I can't do much when it's time for them to hibernate.

"Imperia ..." I was surprised to see Lacrimosa carrying a woman in her arms as she appeared behind me. The woman squirmed in pain and that was when I notice that blood was pouring out from her back.

"What's going on? And why are you carrying a pregnant woman like a child?" Both Keres and Hotep walks into the mess Lacrimosa has brought to us.

"She was already in this state when I came across her trying to entering the border. There was a couple of hunters surrounding her when I arrived. They were about to kill her. I manage to scare them away but when I look at her state, I know she won't make it if I let her be. Imperia, we need to do something or the child will die. She's bleeding heavily. Please, anyone, do something." It was my first one seeing Lacrimosa worried like that.