Chapter 28 | Dividers

LACRIMOSA'S POV

"Saturio, calm down. What's going on? That food isn't going anywhere. It's dead. Don't forget your manner." He apologised for his action.

"Are you going somewhere today?" He nods with a smile.

"Where to?" I'm curious. He used to be the type to share everything with me. Hell, he even asked me why there are hair growing around his private part when he hits puberty. It was such a memorable moment that I will sure to tell all of his girlfriend.

"I have a date with Evangeline. She's going to show me around the city. Isn't that exciting." A date with Evangeline?! So he's going to spend his weekends with Evangeline? Just the two of them?

"Interesting. Where are you going?" Saturio shrugged his shoulder.

"I don't know. I asked her to have dinner together but instead she gave me suggestion to show me the human world through her eyes. And I think that is a good idea for our first date." I smiled at my brother.

"You like her, am I right? If not, you wouldn't asked me if you could be here instead of the underworld." Saturio nodded.

"I do, sister. I really like her. It's not because she looks like Olympia. It's because she's different than any human I've met before. Upon seeing her for the first time, I have the urge to be there and protect her." I find that heartwarming.

To see Saturio even care for a low breed human that is.

"Protection is what the humans who worked here need. Protect them all when they need to be protected. Imperia care for their well-being because they're an asset. If they're gone, everything will be ruin." Saturio acknowledge my order.

"Of course, sister. When the time comes, I'll use my gift to make sure the queen's plan will go smoothly." That is good to know. He finished up his food before excusing himself to see Evangeline. I waited for him to leave the room before sighing hard.

"What's with the sigh, Lacrimosa?" Imperia appeared from the shadows with a smile on her face.

"You've heard what he said. He's going on a date with Evangeline. He has shown interest in her. He still blaming himself for the death of his ex girlfriend, Imperia. What if this feeling he has just something to forget about that?" Imperia shrugged her shoulder before taking a seat next to me.

"Why do you care? It's his problem now. If that's true love, let it be. If he's using Evangeline, I will take action. For now, let them be. I'm sure you know the reason why I'm here." Huh? I don't actually.

"There is a witch waiting for me at the lounging area. I want you to meet her and find out why she's here. I normally would ask Keres or Hotep to do that but they wouldn't listen to reason for her action before coming here. She killed a few of the demons that guarding the border." She did?

"She killed the demons I had summoned? How?!" Imperia once again shrugged her shoulder.

"That's for you to find out. I'll be going now. If you need some help, just call for me. I will keep my ears open." And just like that she's gone. Is that how it's going to be from now on?

"Mistress, are you ready?" Of course I am. I sighed mentally while standing up from my seat before walking towards the lounge. The maid opened the door for me to enter. And as I walk in, a woman in her thirties was sitting on the couch with her hands and legs tied up.

"Is that how you were treated? Release her restrain." The maid was reluctant but did as told in the end.

"Aren't you afraid that I might kill you like I did with the guards?" She asked when I took a seat in front of her.