Chapter 29 | Nobility Gone Rogue

IMPERIA'S POV

"I'm sorry, ma'am. This is a restricted area. Only those who have their name on list are permitted to enter this section. Please state your name." I was bewildered by such request.

"Imperia Luna." I simply said and was about to enter but the bouncer forbid me from entering.

"Very funny. And I'm King Solomon. Do you think I'm that gullible? How dare you used the queen's name to get yourself inside. I've met a lot of desperate party goers tonight but yours are on top of the list. Leave before I asked the security to dragged you away." And just like that I was thrown like a piece of trash.

"Hmmm ... even the queen herself being chased out by some low breed. It's sad yet amusing at the same time." I glared at Lacrimosa.

I don't get any of this. Why would there be a section that divides my creatures? Was I being to naive to just let everyone get along? Did my orders were too hard to obey? I thought I made it clear that they all should try to get along despite the huge difference when it comes to status.

"Imperia ... apparently the nobles who seek refuge here decided to make their own rules when it comes to living among the commoners. I have a feeling that the humans who live here might be in danger. Those who lived in the palace might be able to controlled their bloodlust but not these young one. I'm sure you can smell that hint of fresh blood every time they near us." I hate to admit it but Lacrimosa is right.

That particular scent is something every creatures who depended on blood to survive likes to taste. That blood alone carries a lot of nutrient for young vampires.

"Will it be okay for us to be here? It's illegal for them to sell humans like that. What if the palace guards search the beach?! They're not exactly being somewhat hidden about it." I overheard a group of young vampires talking along themselves.

"Don't worry. Even those guards have no power here. The one who responsible for opening this business has close ties with the queen. Do you really think anyone would be that stupid to offended the queen? I don't think so." Lacrimosa and I looked at each other.

As far as I know ... none of my family ever leave the palace ground since they arrived. Even if they did, they can't do anything without me knowing. So who is this mysterious creature who claimed to be close ties with me?

"Should I call for backup?" Lacrimosa asked but I shake my head. There is no need for unnecessary attention drawn to us. I smiled at the demon before leaning into her ear.

"I want you to get us inside the establishment. I don't care what you have to do, just make it happen. That's an order." Lacrimosa chuckled. As I pulled away from her, she grinned from ear to ear.

"As you wish, my lady." In just a blink of an eye, we're actually inside the establishment. I didn't know that she's capable of teleporting us both at the same time.

"Are you okay?" I grabbed her waist when she's about to fall.

"This always happened when I forced my power to surge. Don't worry. I'll be okay after a few drop of blood." She was about to take something from her cleavage when I grabbed her body close to mine. Lacrimosa blushed in a deep shade of red.

"You were about to expose who we truly are in front of civilians. Do you think that's wise, Lacrimosa?" She shakes her head no.

"Next time, do ask for help. That way it won't be too obvious." She gave me the vial that content my blood and kept it hidden inside my jacket. Well ... I can't just let her be this way. Without thinking, I leaned in for kiss on her luscious lips to give her a bit of my essence into her body.