Chapter 18 | Encounter

THIRD PERSON POV

"I never thought that I'll be travelling to Hell in a plane. How is it like there? Is it like the way humans portrayed it in the bibles? Also, is it true that when you're on verge on death, you can actually travel through hell and heaven? I'm just that curious." Lacrimosa pour another glass of wine before drink it all at once when she heard Caleb's question.

"Trust me, if you don't shut your mouth for a while, you'll be in hell before the rest of us do." Caleb was taken aback and takes it as a hint for him to finally shut his mouth. Both Evangeline and Daphne just shakes their head. It's not like they didn't warned him to keep his questions to himself.

He just wouldn't listen.

"Lacrimosa. Care to explain why are you carrying that many vampire corpses? And why do they has such incision across their body like so? All I can think about is you're trying to create something that you can't even control. Are you planning something behind my back?" Lacrimosa sigh heavily before pulling Imperia to sit beside her.

"You shouldn't be back there. I thought I told the guys to keep an eye on my cargo. And no, I'm not planning to do something that monstrous. Yet. I'm just delivering those corpses for my father to feast on. It is a devil's gala. You need to bring something to appease the beast within him." Imperia raised an eyebrow.

"And you think bringing cargo full of vampire corpses will appease me?" Lacrimosa winks at Imperia before licking her lower lips.

"Please. Oh please torture me. I've been waiting for so long to feel that excitement yet again." The humans were trying to ignore what they're seeing but it's just too hard. Caleb's mouth were wide open when Lacrimosa shows her cleavage for Imepria to feast on.

Instead of fulfilling the devil's request, she picks a pillow and shove it to Lacrimosa so that she could cover her cleavage. The devil pouts while Imperia gained Caleb's attention back to reality.

"You were using your seductive power on me. Humans do possessed such thin line of self control." Caleb wipes off his drool and apologised for his misbehaviour.

"Look, they're dead. Do not concern yourself for thugs like them. They did not appreciate their own life to begin with. I was just doing them a favour. At least they ddI something good out of their miserable life." Lacrimosa banter. Imperia sigh before settling herself at her seat.

"You need to stop drinking. I know that is your third bottle since we're on the plane. It is one thing to take care of a drunk devil but to care for a devil that suffers from a alcohol poisoning is another. If you consume that much alcoholic blood, you'll shorten your lifespan. Even a devil can be kill." Lacrimosa looks at the bottle on the table and the glass in her hand back to back.

"You do care for me." Lacrimosa winks before asking the maid to dispose of the beverage.

- Sixty minutes till we arrive at the Velus Domain -

The captain announced as they finally entered the restriction area of hell. Lacrimosa suddenly remembered about the little gift she had prepared for the humans.

"Imperia will never let it go if I cause your death. Here, put this on and they will never dare to touch you." It was a necklace. Evangeline, Daphne and Caleb looks at each other before turning their attention to Lacrimosa.

"What?" The devil asks.

"How can something so tacky could save our life? It looks more like a heap jewellery to me." Daphne asked without filtering her words.

"You were right. She is a bitch. Well, human. That tacky jewellery was forged using the rarest material I could find. It serve both as a protector and a tracking device. So if you wander too far, I know where to find you. Trust me, my father's home is a maze. Even I have no idea what lies behind every door in the mansion. So be careful." Lacrimosa warned them.