Chapter 22 | Old Memories

EVANGELINE'S POV

I know I shouldn't be walking with a stranger anywhere but he was kind enough to show me around his father's unique yet mind blowing artefacts collection. I was at awe when we entered the vast room filled with artefacts from either the demon world and even the place where I am from.

The demon lord's collection was too big that it's giving me anxiety!

"So, what do you think? This room alone is filled with mysterious artefacts only available here. You're lucky that I was kind enough to show you around. Even my sister doesn't have the same authority as I do." By authority, he meant by breaking into this room without anyone noticing us because the servants are all busy attending the gala.

"It would be such an honour if I could study this artefacts. Do you have any idea how incredible this is? If the labels are what it says, this bronze mug belongs to Cleopatra, the last pharaoh of Egypt. And do you know what crazier? Hotep, the vampire whom I'm working under is from Egypt and she said she met Cleopatra before!" I was about to touch the mug when the demon reach out for my hands.

"It's best if you don't touch anything in here." He smiled like a true gentleman before leading me towards a section of the room.

"This is where my father place all his collection of iconic corpses. By iconic I mean famous and well known corpses of all time." My eyes widen as rows and rows of sarcophagus and casket were lining up.

"What's the purpose of collecting corpses?" I asked the demon.

"Medicine purposes. He exhume these corpses and study them to make medicines that cure anything. That's why they're place here. For research." He once again offer me his hand and lead me to section where weapons and shields were place.

"This is the famous shield that was used by the former queen of vampires, Kharis Akeldama to defend herself against the monstrous Echidna. It was a legendary fight among all and a single vampire manage to kill a dangerous and deadly monster all by herself." I don't know who he talks about but from what I heard, she must be really strong.

"There is a vampire stronger than Imperia?" He laughed.

"Compare to the Akeldama, Imperia is nothing. I'm willing to pay top money to see Imperia versus any of the Akeldama. I bet that vampire would easily be beaten by any of the Akeldama." He laughed.

"Oh! I didn't know this was here." He pick up a broken sword.

"This was my Lacrimosa's. It was her first fight against a monsters that terrorising the domain. She was badly injured that day. It almost killed her too. Our parents were so worried she might not make it but she did though. Somehow." I can sense that they're close to each other even though they have different mother.

"Are you close to the mistress?" He nods.

"I was. But after she moved out from this mansion, we haven't spoken to each other for almost 200 years. This was our first time seeing each other and I can see that she has changed. You see, living here as the mistress son doesn't qualify you as the heir to the throne. Even after my half-brother was killed, Lacrimosa became the direct heir to ruler his domain. Even though I have the demon lord's blood in my veins, we don't share the same mother." I watched as he place the sword down.

"Lacrimosa have to step up as the next heir. And I can see that it slowly changed her to be somebody else. She was not the Lacrimosa she is today. She was different. She was kind, passionate and most importantly, she was a caring sister to me and the rest of her half-siblings. As you can see, our father has a lot of mistresses and he also fathered a lot of us who can't make it tonight." I can't say I'm surprised.