Chapter two part 5

Seven years later

The boy screamed and cried as his fifth master hit his back with a whip. He was being punished for making breakfast three minutes late.

He hated it, he hated the pain. But he wanted to please his master, he wanted someone to be proud of him even if it would be only for a second.

"You're lucky the auction is tomorrow kid or I'd be starving you as punishment."

The boy said nothing knowing that talking back would resolve in further punishment. His back hurt from the whip and he was feeling funny from losing a lot of blood over the years. Some of his previous masters were addicted to the taste of his blood stating that it tasted like nothing they've ever tasted before.

__________________________

Twelve year old Mabel Pines got ready for her last day of school. She was really excited for summer, her great uncles allowed her to plan a party to celebrate the beginning of summer.
She went downstairs and grabbed a waffle from her plate rushing out the door.

"Bye Stan bye Ford, sorry can't stay for breakfast gonna be late." She said leaving the shack and running to school.

Her uncles chuckled at as they saw her run off.
"She really can't get up in the morning. It's a miracle she makes it to school on time." Stan said.
"A trait she most likely got from you Lee." Ford joked.
"And I'm proud of it. One day she'll run the shack instead of me."
"Hey it's my house."
"I scam the tourists you do the science stuff."
"True, I can't argue with you." Ford agreed.
"And you said that making it into a tourist trap was a bad idea." Stan jokes.

At school Mabel rushed into the classroom sitting next to her best friend Pacifica Northwest.
"Mabel you're lucky that the teacher is running late, this is your fourth time this week."

"Sorry Paz I couldn't sleep. I had that weird dream again and it woke me up."
Mabel explained.

"You mean that dream with the brown haired boy the one who looks like you?"Pacifica asked.

"Yes, that one. I just don't get it. It feels like I know him..."
"But you've never met him and the connection you feel to him is special like you've known him you're entire life." Pacifica interrupted.

"Sorry I've talked about it a lot lately haven't I" Mabel apologized.

"Only twice a week." Pacifica sighed "if it's bothering you that much just talk to your uncles. You said it yourself, they always know what to do." She thought for a moment before talking again "like the time they saved you from the gnomes or the time they defeated a dream demon that tried to destroy your mind or the time..."

"I get it. It's just I wanna figure it out on my own. If the boy is real I want to meet him first then talk to my uncles."

"How about this we'll go to wherever that dream takes place and look for him. If we find him you'll tell your uncles. But if we don't we'll go talk to Gideon." Pacifica offered.

"Your little nerd cousin?"

"He knows how to use magic and he's summoned a demon once. He can find the boy who's been haunting you."

End of chapter two