Chapter four part 1

I'm back. Hurray.

Gideon Northwest was reading a book about demons when his cousin Pacifica barged into his room and dragged him to the living room. Waiting there was the most beautiful and kind girl in Gravity Falls. In his opinion. Mabel Pines, his crush since kindergarten.

"U-um h-hi Ma-Mabel." Gideon greeted her embarrassed.
"Hey, Gideon I need help with something and Paz thinks you're the right person for the job." Mabel explains.
"Um s-s-sure. What ya ne-ed?" Gideon asked.
"She's been having this weird dream for some time. It's about some boy that looks like her. She says she's never met the guy and from her description I can say that there's nobody like that in Gravity Falls." Pacifica answered.

A boy? Maybe a ghost or a phantom?

"Where does the dream take place?" He asked surprisingly not stuttering.

"It changes location every night. So far it's been in the shack, the lake, the arcade, the museum, the library, at school, the Northwest manor during a fancy party, my friends houses, at the pool, a cave I've never been to and the forest." Mabel counted the places "it's weird because I feel like I should know him. Like we have some sort of special connection but at the same time I feel really guilty just thinking about him." She explained.

"When did it start? And where was it the first time?" Gideon asked taking out a notebook and pen. "Be specific."

Mabel though for a moment "It was on the 3rd of May I'm sure of it. And it was at Greasy's diner but the sun was setting."

"What happened in the dream?" Gideon asked.

"I was sitting in the diner when I saw him through the window. Our eyes met for a second before he started crying and running into the forest. After that I woke up."

He wasn't a ghost or phantom since he ran. If he was then he would have floated away. Maybe he's a demon? That could be a possibility. I think.

"Where did the latest dream take place?" He asked.

"In the forest. But the difference was that he smiled before crying and running, also I chased after him." Mabel clarifies.

If he was trying to contact her he wouldn't run. A demon wouldn't run. Unless...

"Did you catch up with him?" Gideon asked hopeful.

"No a squirrel attacked me." Mabel sighed.

So he was trying to get away. The squirrel was technically by him. He probably didn't want to see her. But why?

"What was he wearing?"

"A torn up red shirt and brown shorts."

Torn up, then it's not a demon since demons always look professional. But why would the dream take at Greasy's and why would he run? There's got to be something we're missing. Something big. But what?

"What about his shoes?"

"He wasn't wearing any."

What no shoes? That removes spirits. But what would haunt Mabel. Is he haunting her? All he does is run away. Maybe a memory.
No she claims she's never met him.
A lost memory perhaps. That'd make sense. But why run?? Yet what if she's the one...

"Gid, you there?!" Pacifica snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Sorry, I got lost in though." Gideon said.
"It's fine, anyway who's the boy haunting my dream?" Mabel asked nervously.

"I'm not sure, but he's not a spirit, ghost, phantom or demon." Gideon answered looking defeated "and he is trying to get away from you."

"But then why is he reaching out to me?" Mabel asked desperate.

"He's not. You're reaching out to him and he's running away from you Mabel. That's the part that confuses me." Gideon explained.