Chapter six part 1

Candy stared at the kid with confusion visible on her expression.

"Sixer who's that?" She asked.

The boy put his hand up and pointed at it. "Six!"

"Six fingered hand?" Candy questioned.

The boy nodded excitedly.

"Mabel's uncle has six fingers. Is that who you're looking for?"

".os kniht I" the boy answered.

'Hopefully Stanford will know... whatever language he's speaking.'

Candy took the boy's hand and led him to the Mystery Shack. The boy looked in wonder at the forest like it was his first time seeing trees.

"So what's your name?" Candy asked.

"Pine-Tree." The boy answers.

"That's a tree name..." Candy pointed out awkwardly.

"Do you understand what a name is?" The girl asked.

The boy nodded.
"What's your name then?" She asked.

"Pine-tree."
"Not the trees name. Your name!" Candy grew frustrated with the lack of understanding they had.

"I'm Pine-tree." The boy stared at her with confusion.

"You're telling me that your parents named you after a tree?" Candy was beyond confused.

"Parents?" The boy looked her not understanding the meaning.

"Emmm... oh geez how do I explain this. Emmm... the people that raise you." Candy tried to explain but the boy didn't seem to understand. "Mom and dad your parents."

______________________

Mabel was about to explain her dreams to her uncles when a knock on the door interrupted them.

"I'll get it." Pacifica said leaving the room.

...

"Oh hey Cand'z what's up?" Pacifica asked seeing her friend at the door with a boy she's never met before "who's your friend?"

"Not sure. He appeared out of nowhere and he can't speak English. He keeps telling me he's looking for Sixer." Candy explained.

"Sixer, isn't that Stanford's nickname?" Pacifica asked confused.

"Yea, that's what I thought. So I brought him here."

...
..
.

"Hey, Paz who's at the door?" Mabel's voice called from the living room.

"It's Candy, she's umm looking for your great uncle Ford." Pacifica called.