Chapter five part 5

Stan and Ford sat across the doctor in his office.

"You wanted to speak with me Mr Pines." The doctor asked.

"We wanted to ask about Mason Pines." Stanford said.

"What happened to him and where is he?" Stanley demands.

The doctor sighed "I'll go get your family's documents."

"Why can't you just tell us?" Stan asked annoyed at the doctor.

"Mr. Pines I'm a doctor. I've delivered hundreds of children and seen lots of them die. Do you honestly think I'd be able to remember a specific child who was born ten years ago?" The doctor answered frustrated.

"I apologize for my brother. He's very inpatient when it comes to family." Stanford said.

"Everyone cares about family. It's what makes us human." The doctor said before leaving the room.

Minutes passed but to the twins it felt like hours even years. The doctor returned with several folders containing files.

"What's the kids name?" The doctor asked.

"Mason Pines." Stanley said.

The doctor shuffled through the files until he found a specific one.
"The kid was never born."

"What?" Ford asked.

"During one of the checkups we noticed that both the twins caught a rare disease that should have killed them. Fortunately we discovered it while it was in its early stage so there was a chance to save them. But the problem was that one of the twins was undeveloped so the medicine would kill him. The parents had to make a decision lose both or lose just one." The doctor explained after reading the file.
"I'm honestly surprised that someone knew about it. These kind of scenarios are usually forgotten about and nobody ask about them."

"Thank you dr. Galen we appreciate your help." Ford said.

"We'll be heading home then." Stan adds.

_________________________

"Where did you even hear about Gravity Falls?" Bill asked the kid.

"I heard it in a dream once and I looked for it while you were sleeping and I found it but it was drawn in." Pine-tree said.

"And you're drawn to it?" Bill.

"Something like that. It's hard to explain. Like....."
"Like something is pulling you telling you that it's safe there." Bill finished for him.

"How'd you..?!?"

"You're a zodiac, a lost soul and you have a Starmark. It's only natural for the town to call to you." Bill said lifting up the boy's hair to reveal his Big Dipper birthmark.

"I'm not sure I understand."

"Gravity Falls is a weak spot between all of the dimensions. It's a doorway to the third dimension. It has a natural law of weirdness magnetism that attracts the most unique and special individuals to it. Apparently you qualify."

"I'm special." The boy's eyes lit up with happiness.

"Yep. You're a little sapling in the ashes of a forest."

"What's that mean?"

"You give people hope. Well you gave me hope." Bill said with the sweetest smile.

"Wow, Bill you look like a big brother with that smile." The boy joked.

"Then call me big bro.." Bill joked ruffling his hair.

"Not a chance." The boy said laughing.

_________________________

Mabel sat on the couch with Pacifica thinking about the boy. To her nothing made sense anymore. It was like he was a part of her but at the same time she's never met him outside her dream so that makes no sense.

Pacifica sat beside her worried about her best friend.

I hope all of this will make sense soon.
She's been having these dreams for weeks it's not doing her any good.

_________________________

Ford and Stan were driving home when when a car passed them. The car was really slow.

"Ford can you just pass him already?" Stan said annoyed at the speed they're going.

"I'll take a shortcut. It'll get us home quicker." Ford said turning right.

...

...

...

...

"Should we tell Mabel?" Stan broke the silence.

"Well she has a right to know. It's not gonna change anything." Ford said concentrating on the road.

"Yeah, kid's dead before he was born so what's the difference." Stan said yawning.

_________________________

The Stan twins arrived later that day to find their niece and her best friend asleep on the couch.

"Great, now I can't watch TV." Stan complained.

Suddenly Mabel started to stir in her sleep looking scared and angry.

_________________________

"How do you know my parents?" Mabel asked the boy.
The boy kept quiet ignoring her or trying to escape her grip on his hand.

".og ot evah I .snoitseuq ruoy gnirewsna ton m'I .og em teL" The boy said.

"I just want answers. You're always in my dreams and I don't know why." Mabel pleaded.

"I can't. You need to figure it out on your own." The boy said.

"Why? Can't you just tell me?" Mabel's eyes started filling with water.

"Because I don't know. I don't know who you are! I don't know your parents! I don't even know who I am!!" The boy screamed at her before everything faded to white.

"Waiiit!!!" Mabel shouted.
_________________________

"Wait!!!" Mabel woke up screaming.
Pacifica jolted awake at the noise and the Stan twins ran to her from the kitchen.

"Mabel what happened? Are you okey?" Ford asked worried.

"Alright who is messing with my niece?" Stan asked angrily.

"Is it the dream again?" Pacifica asked ignoring the two elders presence.

Mabel looked at Pacifica with tears in her eyes before nodding. Pacifica saw her friends distress and hugged her.

"I don't know why I'm contacting him. He doesn't know either." Mabel mumbled.

"Ssshhh, it's okay Mabs. We'll figure it out. Don't worry." Pacifica tried calming her down.

"Mabel sweetie what's going on?" Stan asked in a worried tone.