Chapter six part 7

"That kid is special. When he grows up he will help bring peace between the humans and creatures of the forest." Bill explained.

"Then why send him to us?" Ford asked," He'd be the perfect tool for you to use to start Weirbmaggedon."

"That's exactly the reason I sent him to you. And because he needs a normal life. He deserves to be happy." Bill answered honestly "I don't want to use him. He's not some tool or toy for others to use then just throw away."

"Then what is he to you?" Gideon asked.

"He's a friend. That's all you need to know." Bill said before disappearing.

"Welp, I'm going to bed." Stan said.

"You just woke up about an hour ago." Ford complained.

"There's a thing called being lazy." Stan argued.

"It is getting late." Gideon notes.

"We should have a sleepover." Pacifica exclaims.

_______________

Pacifica, Mabel, Gideon and Pine-tree set up the sleeping bags in the living room as Stan snored loudly in his room and Ford was in the basement doing research.

"So, you know Bill?" Gideon asked the brunette.

" .em depleh eh dna luos ym snwo eH" Pine-tree said with a smile.

"'He owns my soul and he helped me.'" The tape recording translated.

"He owns your soul?! How did that happen?" Pacifica asked shocked.

" .laed a edam eW" The boy answered.

"'We made a deal.'"

"What kind of deal?" Gideon asked.

Pine-tree looked uncomfortable for a moment.

"Can you two change the subject? He seems uncomfortable and I don't like talking about demons during sleepovers." Mabel said rudely, mostly because of how uncomfortable Pine-tree looked while talking about his soul.

"Okay. What do we talk about?" Pacifica asked.

"I don't know. I have like no friends." Gideon shrugged.

The two Northwests looked at Mabel.

"What are you looking at me for?" Mabel asked.

"You're the most social person in the room." Pacifica pointed out.

"Fine, let's talk about... erm.. stars?" Mabel suggested awkwardly.

"Stars? Really? Out of all the things you could have chosen." Pacifica starts.

"It's the first thing that came to mind." Mabel defended.

"I think it's a great topic, Mabel. Astronomy is a great mix of mathematics, physics, and chemistry." Gideon states.

"Never mind that's too nerdy." Mabel said.

"Stars! Star pattern!" Pine-tree exclaimed.

"You want to see constellations?" Gideon asked to witch the other boy nodded.

Wow, I can't believe this book got 7k reads. I'm mind blown. Thank you so much.