SEVEN

~at the quarry~

You watched as the boys made horrible gurgling sounds at the back of their throat in disgust. Eddie actually looked pretty proud with his, even though it only landed by his feet on the rocks. Richie, on the other hand, was definitely not impressed.

"Oh my god, that was terrible! I win!"

"You won?"

Oh, no. They were about to start arguing again.

"Did you see my loogie?"

"Yeah, mine went the furthest! It's by distance!"

"Mass, it's always been mass."

"What- what is- what is mass?!"

"Who cares how far it goes or how cool it looks like it's green or it's white or juicy and fat!"

You rolled your eyes and pushed between the group. "Jesus Christ, move out of the way."

They all looked at you confused as you made a few weird sounds at the back of your throat. Then you spit further than Richie and heavier than Eddie. "There you go! I win. Mass and distance."

Richie and Eddie both stared at you in awe and you raised your eyebrows. "What, 'cause I'm a girl I can't spit better than any of you?"

"N-no!" Eddie quickly replied. You laughed and spotted Beverly arriving on her bike and ran over to her, trying to hide your shock when you saw her hair. It was cut short like a boy, but you couldn't lie, it made her look kind of beautiful. "Hey, Bev. I love your hair, it's so pretty."

"Thanks, that means a lot."

"So... who's going first?" Bill asked, staring down into the water. Nobody said anything.

"We'll go!" Beverly called out to them. She unbuttoned her dress and you pulled off your jeans and shirt, trying not to seem self-conscious.

"Sissies." She grabbed your hand and you both ran towards the edge of the cliff before jumping off in sync, landing with a huge splash. It was silent for a few moments before you swam up to the surface, gasping for air. Richie looked a little pissed.

"What the fuck?" He yelled in disbelief. He turned to the others. "Ah, holy shit! We just got shown up by a girl!"

"Two girls, actually!" You snorted, causing Beverly to laugh.

"Do we have to do that now?" Stan's voice cracked in fear.

"Yes." Eddie looked down.

One by one, the boys jumped in to join you. Eddie plummeted into the water right in front of you and when he came back up, your noses were two inches apart.

Neither of you moved until somebody whistled.

"Ooh, I always knew you secretly weren't a virgin, Eddie Spaghetti! And I always knew your first time was with (Y/n), too!" Richie grinned. You both jumped apart with red faces.

"This is too cute." Beverly smiled. Even Stan was smirking, and he was the most serious, poker-faced boy you had ever known.

"N-no! I-it's not like that! I- I- I jumped off but I didn't know (Y/n) would be r-right in front of me." Eddie tried to explain.

"Y-you sound like m-me, now." Bill laughed.

"Just forget it ever happened!" You groaned, even though you knew you would be dreaming about that moment for the rest of your lonely life. "Who wants to chicken fight?"

Luckily, the losers stopped teasing you after the suggestion. Eddie helped you onto his shoulders and barreled into Richie, who was sitting on top of Ben. You and Eddie ended up winning because Richie got distracted by a plant which he thought was weed.

You all swam in a group across the water to the other end. Eddie ended up trying to drown you by grabbing your ankles and dragging you down so you dunked his head under the water until bubbles started going up to the surface. 

"Oh my f-!" Eddie gasped, choking on water. "Do you know how many germs are in here? Oh, god, I drank some!"

You laughed, hoping it was a cute laugh and not an ugly cackle. "You're the one who started it, you fucking idiot."

After a few minutes, you all agreed to go back up to the cliff.

~on the cliffy part~

You lay on the towel, trying to dry off while Bust A Move played in the background. Beverly had gone somewhere private to take care of a... girl problem which left you practically naked with a bunch of teenage boys in their underwear. Your eyes were closed but you could sense Richie staring at your body, because, well, he's Richie, so you decided to say something about it.

"Richie, stop staring." You didn't even have to turn over or open your eyes.

"Ha, like I'm the only one," Richie grumbled. Lucky for the other boys, you didn't hear his comment but they did send him dirty looks. Richie ignored them and started quietly grumbling to himself again. "Eddie's practically drooling-"

"Shut up, Richie!" Eddie hissed.

You ignored their bickering and brushed it off as Richie's usual sexual remarks. A few seconds went by and you turned your head slightly, just in time to catch all of the guys quickly looking away. What the fuck, half of them aren't even straight.

"Pervs." You muttered under your breath and sat up, crossing your arms over your chest. Beverly appeared from behind the bushes and trees and sat down next to you.

"Get your stuff under control?" You whispered. She nodded with a smile.

"Newsflash, Ben! School's out for Summa!" Richie announced into an imaginary microphone, changing his voice into that horrible British accent again.

"Oh, that? That's not school stuff." Ben said as Richie pulled out a postcard. "Who sent you this?!"

Before Richie could read it, Ben snatched the card back and put it back in his bag. "N-no one!"

Richie shrugged and dug into Ben's bag again. He grabbed a big folder and opened it up. "What's with the history project?"

"Oh, um, when I first moved here I didn't really have anything to hang out with," Ben replied a little sadly, while Richie passed the folder over to Bill. "So I just started spending time in the library."

"You went to the library? On purpose?" Richie said incredulously.

"Shut up, Rich. There are people who actually know how to read unlike you." You shot back, turning to Beverly. "C'mon, let's see." She sat next to Bill and you sat next to Eddie, leaning over so it was easier to see.

"Y-y-y-y-you're hair..." Bill stared at Beverly in awe. She waited for him to say something else with a serious expression.

"Your hair's beautiful, Beverly." Ben finished. Beverly smiled and tucked a curl behind her ear. "Oh. Right, thanks."

She didn't notice the competitive glance that was passed between Bill and Ben.

Bill handed the folder back to Richie and he flicked through it. "Why's it all murders and missing kids?"

"Derry's not like any other town I've been in before," Ben replied. "They did a study once. And it turns out... people die and disappear six times the national average."

"You read that?" Beverly whispered.

"Uh-huh. And that's just grown-ups. Kids are worse." He paused. "Way, way worse."

Everyone was quiet for a moment.

"I- I've got more stuff if you wanna see it."

Eddie shook his head quickly but you all ended up going anyway.