TWENTY-SEVEN (FINAL CHAPTER)

i actually cried when i finished writing this chapter because of the fact that this is the last one and i don't want to end this and writing fanfiction kind of lets me mentally be in the IT universe, plus this will never happen to me so yea i'm kind of dead now

also i just had to listen to my crush rant about someone else she likes and now im gonna cry again

update [15/06/21] : ^yuh she's my gf now 😏😏 ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF THE SWEET COMMENTS IM SOBBING 

"Shit, shit, shit, shit," Eddie muttered to himself as he ran through the long, overgrown grass in his neighbor's lawn, frantically checking over his shoulder every few seconds to make sure his mother hadn't seen him. It didn't take a genius to know how livid she would be if she found out her Eddie Bear had disobeyed direct orders to stay home and not meet up with a 'filthy tramp' past curfew. Eddie could already picture Mrs. K's furious expression as she would scream something along the lines of, "I thought I made it clear you're not allowed to see that (Y/n) girl!", before storming off to your home and yeeting the heaviest thing possible at your head. She could be an extremely aggressive woman when she wanted to, and neither Eddie nor (Y/n) would want to feel the wrath of Sonia Kaspbrak. That was one thing for sure, and it made Eddie shudder and pick up speed.

Thirty minutes away at the local Derry park, you slumped down onto a bench, debating with yourself whether to stay and wait or just go. Eddie still hadn't come after nearly an hour and you were starting to wonder if he was even going to show up at all, despite the fact he had been the one to ask you out and seemed ecstatic when you agreed. You buried your face in your hands, sighing in defeat, before finally standing up from the bench and grabbing your bike off the ground. There was no point in waiting for someone who obviously wasn't going to turn up. Plus, crying into Stan's shoulder while eating a big tub of ice cream sounded like a suitable and mature way to handle the situation right then.

"Fuck, we don't have ice cream." You muttered to yourself, suddenly remembering you had eaten all of it a week ago to recover from the killer-clown experience. "I fucking hate life."

You climbed onto the bike seat and began to pedal back in the other direction, planning to sneak into Stan's room and binge-watch trashy shows together to try and get your mind off Eddie. The noodle-haired boy could never say no to you or Bird TV so he would probably let you stay for the night. Everyone needs a Stanley, please applaud for him.

"fUCK!" You had been too busy thinking about Bird TV that you hadn't noticed the small figure running into your path, just managing to swerve your bike to the side. It still knocked the both of you over, though you were the one to get up first. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was-"

"(Y/n)?"

"Wait, wha-" You squinted at the person you had ridden into, struggling to see their face in the darkness. "Eddie?"

"Wh-where are you going?" He asked. "The park's that way..."

As soon as those words left his mouth, you instantly felt guilty for even considering that Eddie was mean enough to stand somebody up. The smol bean would never hurt anyone on purpose; well, if you don't count when he threw rocks at the Bowers Gang along with everyone else and beat up his psychotic clown doppelganger, but that's besides the point. Eddie could probably tell what you were thinking by the expression on your face, because he immediately started to apologize.

"Oh, I'm so so so so so sorry I'm, like, an hour late, but my mom locked me in my room 'cause she found out I was going out with you so I had to climb out of the dirty ass window but I couldn't even get my bike or else my mommy would see me then I had to fucking run all the way over here and my asthma pills or whatever they are don't even work because they're gazebos and they're fucking bullshit and-"