TWENTY-FIVE

WE ARE NEARING THE END, MY DUDES

SEPTEMBER

"It felt like I was dead." You explained while the losers club sat around you in a circle, every one of them listening intently to what you were saying. "A lot of it is kind of... erased from my memory, but I remember at some point I saw us all together again, just like right now, except we were old as fuck."

Beverly nodded in agreement, ignoring the fact that her vision was something way worse than what (Y/n) had seen. She just couldn't bring herself to tell them that she had witnessed the entire losers club dying one by one. "I saw pretty much the same thing."

"W-what were we d-doing?" Bill asked. You scrunched up your face, trying to remember what had happened. "I don't know. But we were all... scared. Terrified. I'll never forget that feeling ever again."

Silence washed over the group and they were all in their own little world for a moment, before Bill abruptly stood up, a piece of broken glass in his hand.

"Swear it. S-s-swear, if it isn't dead, if it ever comes back..." He paused, glancing at everyone. "We'll come back, too."

You were the first to stand up with him. Then came Eddie, then Richie, then the rest of the losers followed. Bill allowed a small smile to form at the sight of all of his friends willing to participate.

He pressed the cool glass against his own hand and dragged it across, letting nothing except for a slight whimper escape his lips as blood flowed out of the wound and onto the long yellow-green grass. Then he moved on to Richie and cut his open palm without a warning, causing him to whisper-yell, "Ow!" and wave his hand around like an LGBTQ+ flag. You would've been snickering at him if you weren't next.

Eddie must've noticed your slight panic when Bill gestured for you to hold out your hand because he comfortingly put his arm around your shoulder and sent you one of those cute little smiles of his. You actually found it quite satisfying to watch the blood ooze out, so you simply focussed on that instead of the pain when Bill sliced your palm and didn't even flinch once.

Next was Eddie. He slipped the hand that wasn't going to be cut into yours, and you squeezed it reassuringly without looking at him. But if you had even glanced at the short boy, you would've caught him staring at you. He was using the same tactic you had used; concentrating on something else instead of the pain, and he had decided to focus on you. And not in that creepy-staring-stalkerish way, but in a way which showed how much he admired your beauty. this isn't fake you guys are all bootiful :)

He focussed on every little detail of your face, from your (e/c) eyes he had loved since forever to literally any of your facial features. Eddie had been gazing at you for so long, he hadn't even noticed that Bill had already finished cutting his hand as well as everyone else's.

The Losers Club grabbed hands with the person next to them and stood together in a circle, the oath now practically a piece of them.

"I gotta go," Stan said, breaking the comfortable silence. His eyes flickered to Bill. "I hate you."

Bill looked down in hurt, but his head shot back up to stare at Stan curiously when a grin spread across his usual poker-face face. But, unlike all of the other rare times he had actually smiled, this one was genuine. Not forced, or at Richie falling over, but a genuine smile.

He began to laugh and the others joined in, each of them with the same joyful face. The laughter died down eventually.

"See you later." Stan waved goodbye, still smiling, and the losers left one by one after that. Soon, it was just you, Bill, Beverly, and Eddie.