TWENTY-TWO

"(Y/n)!" Eddie yelled as he ran down the tunnel. "(Y/n)!"

"I think you've forgotten about Bill," Stan mumbled. Eddie shot him a glare but he was too small and cute to be intimidating. "Shut up, Stanley."

He started to say something else but tripped and fell into the sewage water. Richie rolled his eyes. "Dude, get out of there, it's greywater."

"Wait... where's my fucking flashlight?!" Eddie tried to feel for his flashlight under the water and groaned in annoyance. Suddenly, a bloody head popped up.

The whole group screamed a little more girly than expected, and Richie pulled Eddie out of the water and began to run away. They had all been running for a few minutes until Mike slowed to a walk.

"Wait... is that...?" He pointed up ahead at a huge opening, where a familiar body was floating gracefully (let's just pretend *cries in fat and clumsy*). Eddie's eyes widened and he picked up speed, rushing towards it, relief washing over him.

"(Y/n)!"

A relieved smile formed across his face as he ran towards her, but it disappeared quickly when she didn't react to his voice. "...(Y/n)? Are you okay?"

Again, no reply. He stared up at the floating body for a few seconds before jumping as high as he could, trying to grab onto (Y/n)'s leg. He failed, because a) she was hovering around eight and a half feet off the ground and b) Eddie's not exactly tall.

"Bev!" Ben breathed from behind him. It was only then Eddie realised that next to her body was Beverly's, in the exact same position as you.

"G-guys, I don't think they're conscious... someone help me get (Y/n)." Eddie's voice trembled like he was going to start crying any second. Mike quickly helped him onto his shoulders and he held onto (Y/n)'s foot, slowly pulling her down to the ground. He gently leaned her against the wall while Ben did the same with Beverly.

Richie, Stan, Eddie, Ben and Mike silently stared at the motionless bodies of their two friends, side by side with their eyes a stony grey, hoping for some miracle to wake them both up. Eddie could feel his heart shattering. He at least wanted to tell (Y/n) how he felt, and now he might never get the chance to.

Ben was obviously having the exact same thoughts as Eddie except for the ginger. He broke the sad silence with a sob, grabbing onto Beverly's shoulders. "Why aren't they waking up? Guys, what happened to them? Beverly, please!"

Everyone's eyes widened in shock when Ben took a deep breath before smashing his lips onto hers.

"wOAH."

"Oh, gooooodddd."

"Ew."

"Ugh."

"bLeHhHH."

"Gross."

Their disgusted remarks got cut off when Beverly suddenly gasped and her eyes turned back to their usual beautiful colour. She smiled softly at Ben as if realising something for the first time.

"January Embers."

He smiled back. "My heart burns there, too."

"Sooo... I hate to break this up but are we gonna help (Y/n) or what?" Richie demanded. Beverly noticed her best friend/wifey lying on the ground next to her and put her hand over her mouth. "What happened to her?!"

"Same thing that happened to you. She was floating." Stan explained. "So maybe, the only way to wake (Y/n) up again is for someone who likes her to kiss-"

"Eddie, this is your call, man." Richie interrupted. "You finally have the chance to make out with her."

"Shut it, Richie," Eddie replied, staring down at (Y/n)'s unblinking grey eyes. He knew he couldn't leave her like that, and he wasn't planning to- but he just wished that his first kiss with her wasn't going to be when she was unconscious.

Eddie had liked (Y/n) since the day they had met. He still remembered it like it was yesterday: Bowers had shoved Richie to the ground, and just as he was going to do the same to Eddie, (Y/n) appeared out of nowhere and kicked him in the balls. Even today, he could recall every little detail of her face; the way her (e/c) eyes shone in happiness when Bowers doubled over in pain, the mischievous smirk that crept up her face when he had to waddle since his nuts were hurting so much, the look of obvious concern when she saw Richie on the floor and Eddie having an asthma attack.

He smiled softly at the memory and glanced at Richie, who winked and mouthed 'suck her face'.  With a heavy blush covering his cheeks, Eddie slowly leaned in and pressed his soft lips against (Y/n)'s.

~.  ~.  ~.  ~. ~

"We made an oath. We promised if It ever came back, we would come back, too, (Y/n)."

~. ~. ~. ~. ~

Your eyes faded back to their normal (e/c) colour as you gasped for air, trying to register what was going on. Eddie pulled away from the kiss as soon as you woke up with his face practically the colour of a tomato.

"I-" You stared at Eddie in shock. "Did you just kiss me?"

"It was only to save you." He quickly replied. You felt disappointed but tried not to show it. "Oh."

"Jesus fuck." Richie let out a relieved laugh and wrapped his arms around you in a tight hug. The others joined in, and for the first time, you felt safe. Even though you were in a 'fuckin crackhead house', as Richie called it, you had your friends and they had you. Except for one person. There was always some kind of scary shit that had to ruin the perfect friendship moment.

"Guys... where the fuck is Bill?"

oof idk how to end this once again so let's leave it at that

goodbye.