TWENTY-SIX

i was planning on doing it chapter 2 as well but i probably won't anymore :(( i just have no ideas and as much as i love writing this book i feel rlly pressured to continue it (its not the readers that pressure me its the fact that i have a story to write and im not writing it) ok thank u for reading this :)

"Okay, (Y/n), let me get this straight," Stan said as he pulled you down onto the bed next to him, his usually disinterested expression now filled with excitement. "Eddie fucking Kaspbrak asked you out? On a date?"

"Yeah, we're meeting at the park in an hou-" You had barely gotten a sentence out before the curly-haired noodle boy was running around your room, screaming and fangirling aggressively. It was a rare sight to see Stan looking so uncharacteristically happy, so, being the nice friend you are, you simply crossed your arms and waited for him to finish (which took a pretty long time). Both his throat and body had probably started feeling dead, because after a long ten minutes of yelling, he finally collapsed into a panting mess on the ground.

"Finished, Staniel?"

"Oh, come on," Stan rolled over onto his back and blew a noodle curl out of his eyes. "How can you expect me not to freak out over the fact you and Eddie are finally gonna go out?"

"Never took you as the fangirl type." You replied as you helped him up off the floor, earning an iconic Stan eye-roll as he flopped back onto your bed. "So... when are you going to start getting ready? It's already eight-thirty."

"I'm already ready."

Stan's eyes widened and he quickly sat up, staring at you in disbelief. "What?"

"What do you mea-" Before you could continue questioning his shocked expression, he grabbed your arm and proceeded to drag you across the room to the closet, while you thrashed around and tried to slap his hand away. Stan couldn't believe your sense of style- it was cool and all, but for a date? Not on Stan's fucking watch were you going out with a boy you liked looking like that.

"(Y/n), as much as I love... well, tolerate you..." He opened the closet door and began rummaging through some t-shirts and jeans. "Your taste in date clothes are horrible."

"So rude." You huffed, crossing your arms with a pouty expression. Stan ignored your whining and pulled out some denim jeans and a navy blue sweater, eventually turning around with one of his rare grins. "You're gonna blow his fucking mind."

~50 minutes later~

"And for the finishing touch... lipstick," Stan said as he grabbed a tube of unused lipstick he had found in the back of your closet, raising it to your lips only for you to slap it out of his hand.

"Absolutely not."

"Lipgloss?"

"No."

He paused, trying to think of something you would agree to. "Cherry chapstick."

"Fine." You sighed as Stan smiled in triumph, quickly applying the chapstick before you could change your mind. "You're ready. Oh, and if Eds doesn't treat you right, though I'm sure he will, tell me and I'll beat him up. Then you can dump his ass."

"It's Eddie. He's literally the sweetest thing ever."

"Okay, true. Now leave. You literally have ten minutes, woman."

"Oh, sHIT." You glanced at the clock on the wall and hugged Stan goodbye, thanking him for helping you, then rushed out of the door to finally meet Eddie.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"I don't know, Rich. What if she doesn't come?"

Eddie heard an annoyed sigh coming from the other end of the phone, and for once, there wasn't a sexual comeback that came with it. "Of course she'll come. (Y/n) literally has heart eyes for you. I'm surprised you're doubting if she's gonna show up or not."

"But... suppose the date goes wrong," Eddie said as his once calm breathing turned into short, uneven gasps for air. "A-and then she'll never want to go out with me again, and I'll die alone, and- and-"

"Eds, calm down. She'll love it."

"And if she doesn't?"

"Well, if she's really the one, then she won't care if the first date was trash."

Eddie closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, trying not to panic. Richie was right. If you hated him for a bad first date, then maybe you didn't belong together. And if you didn't belong together, Eddie understood completely. He had always thought of you as the beautiful girl who didn't belong in a group of losers, while he was a freak who was lucky enough to be one of your friends.

"Alright, Eddie Spaghetti, I think you better get a move on," Richie declared in a British accent, tearing Eddie away from his thoughts. "You only have ten minutes to get to yah girl."

"Shit!" Eddie's eyes widened as he glanced at the clock over his shoulder. He needed to be fast; his mom definitely wouldn't approve of him going out past curfew, and would probably have an aneurysm if she found out he had a date. "Bye!"

"Wait, one more thing," Richie yelled. "When you guys fuck, make sure you give me all the details la-"

"Shut up, Richie!"

Eddie slammed the receiver down and ran to the door, only to be stopped by a huge shape blocking it. His bitch ass mother.

"I heard everything you said on the phone, Eddie Bear." The anger in her voice was clearly evident and she clenched her jaw, crossing her fat arms over her chest. Eddie had never hated her more than anything right then. "You're not going out with that whore."

"Yes, I am, ma." He replied with the same amount of anger as his mom. She raised her eyebrows in surprise, definitely not expecting her son to talk back to her. It was the second time she had ever heard Eddie argue with her, the first time being when he confronted her about his 'gazebos', but this time, she wasn't going to let him off that easy. She wasn't going to let her Eddie Bear get away again.

"Don't you get it, sweetie? (Y/n) is a bad influence. Just look at your broken arm." Mrs. K gestured to the heavy white cast he was wearing. "She's a slut, as well. Even more than that Beverly girl. (Y/n) used to be the only girl in a group of boys, which included you. I'm sure you were responsible enough not to let that slut touch you in any way, though you're clearly not smart enough to decline the date she asked you on. What a filthy whore, she is."

The venom in her voice as she spat out the last sentence made Eddie flinch, but it also made him even angrier. "Don't you fucking dare talk about (Y/n) like that! She's not a whore, she's beautiful, badass, caring, and everything you're not! And for the record, she didn't ask me out. I asked her out, so just shut the fuck up and don't bother me or her again!"

Mrs. K's face went pale. "Y-you asked her on a date?"

"I did."

"Well, you're not going to go."

Before Eddie could protest, his mother grabbed his good arm and dragged him over to his room, throwing him in.

"This is for your own good, Eddie Bear." She snarled then slammed the door shut. Eddie could hear the door lock from the outside.

Putting his head in his hands, Eddie tried desperately not to cry. He had waited so long to go on a date with the girl he liked and now it was going to be ruined because of his stupid mom. He always understood that she was very overprotective but this time, she had just gone too far.

"Wait..." Eddie muttered to himself as he spun around to face the window, a grin forming across his face. This was the one time he was thankful for Mrs. K's stupidity; she had forgotten about the fucking window. His grin grew wider as he opened it up and slipped one foot out before dropping over the ledge into the soft grass.

He was going to see you after all.

:)